PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Brandon Meyers!

More Power
01-05-2007, 16:35
I read in the Feb 2007 issue of Diesel Power magazine where Brandon Meyers competed in 22nd annual Hayes Southeastern Mopar Meet, held at the Altanta Dragway, and won the "Quick Diesel" event with a 12.143 second quarter mile. Meyers also won the top trap speed "Garmon" award with 114.35 mph.

Great Job! ;)

Jim

BMDMAX
01-05-2007, 19:49
I read in the Feb 2007 issue of Diesel Power magazine where Brandon Meyers competed in 22nd annual Hayes Southeastern Mopar Meet, held at the Altanta Dragway, and won the "Quick Diesel" event with a 12.143 second quarter mile. Meyers also won the top trap speed "Garmon" award with 114.35 mph.

Great Job! ;)

Jim

Thanks MP! It was a fun event with a long day of racing. Getting dialed in to the 12.00 index was interesting, thank God for JK's tuning and EFI live. It is pretty sweet being able to play with fueling tables and nitrous jets to find the perfect mix for the track on any given day.

JK and I kicked around some settings and managed to run a 12.1x pass on the first run. A stop in the pits, a nitrous jet tweak and we backed up our next qualifying pass with a 12.03 good for number three slot in the index.

We ran consistent 12.0X passes through the day and night to finally match up with points leader Jim Layden from Wisconsin. Jim's 12V twinned Cummins was a handful running tight on the dial and interestingly enough he has a 2WD running slicks too. It was kinda fun seeing two 2WD heavyweights running slicks fighting it out in the finals.

I managed a big holeshot and even though it was my slowest pass it was enough to hold off the Cummins. :D

I won the best package award for most closest passes to the index coupled with the highest trap speeds and had the fastest trap speed for the day in the class. For once having a 2WD paid off! :cool:

The Quick Diesel class is really a blast and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants a competitive class without worrying about the "most money" truck always taking the win.

Tough Guy
01-07-2007, 14:49
Thanks MP! It was a fun event with a long day of racing. Getting dialed in to the 12.00 index was interesting, thank god for JK's tuning and EFI live. It is pretty sweet being able to play with fueling tables and nitrous jets to find the perfect mix for the track on any given day.

JK and I kicked around some settings and managed to run a 12.1x pass on the first run. A stop in the pits, a nitrous jet tweak and we backed up our next qualifying pass with a 12.03 good for number three slot in the index.

We ran consistent 12.0X passes through the day and night to finally match up with points leader Jim Layden from Wisconsin. Jim's 12V twinned Cummins was a handful running tight on the dial and interestingly enough he has a 2WD running slicks too. It was kinda fun seeing two 2WD heavyweights running slicks fighting it out in the finals.

I managed a big holeshot and even though it was my slowest pass it was enough to hold off the Cummins. :D

I won the best package award for most closest passes to the index coupled with the highest trap speeds and had the fastest trap speed for the day in the class. For once having a 2WD paid off! :cool:

The Quick Diesel class is really a blast and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants a competitive class without worrying about the "most money" truck always taking the win.

I just got my issue of DP and you are the man!

Chris

SoTxPollock
01-22-2007, 12:25
Dmax wins at a Mopar Meet, now that is sweet. Super job, BM & JK.

Dan@PPE
01-23-2007, 00:47
Great job brandon!

Bobo
02-08-2007, 23:26
BM, did you blow a motor?

BMDMAX
02-10-2007, 17:28
It has sprung a major oil leak and is running rough. No holes in the block though.

It was due after five years of abuse. ;)

SoTxPollock
02-12-2007, 12:20
Now whatcha gonna do?
I hate oil leaks.
Thought I had one until I realized that, draining the oil filter, oil ran down into the front frame and migrated overnight to the front and dripped on my floor.
Wow 5 years of abuse and only oil leaks. Amazing isn't it. You suppose you lost some rings and its blowing out the breather? Maybe like melted the aluminum off the top of the piston and froze the rings where they can't expand?