PDA

View Full Version : Project truck for sale

NH2112
01-05-2007, 17:17
I've decided to sell my signature truck and everything I bought for it with the plan of rebuilding it - I no longer have a place to work on it. I'd prefer to sell it complete but will part it out if a buyer doesn't surface in a reasonable time. Here's what I have:

85 GMC C1500 longbed w/SM465 & 2.73:1 rear and low mileage (~60K) '99 MFI 6.5l TD. It does NOT have the high-flow cooling mods as it was bought as a longblock and had 2nd-gen 6.5l belt-driven accessories installed. The wastegate shaft is welded (not my doing.) No AC. The radiator was replaced with a NOS GM unit about 18 months ago. Problem areas pointed out to me at the recent inspection were 1 cab support getting soft, core support donuts gone, the bed support crossmembers are rusted through in the bed bolt areas, and the last 6-12" of framerail on both sides are tweaked (due to being rearended once, and rolling backwards into a tree.) Other than these the truck is solid, with no rust-through anywhere, and some scabby surface rust on the bed sides. The front end is solid, brakes are 50%+, and the tranny shifts smoothly and doesn't make noise in neutral like SM465s are prone to do.

I also have about $4000 worth of stuff from LMC Truck, including 2 door shells, 2 inner fenders and 2 outer fenders, a tailgate (minus hardware), both battery trays, chrome front & rear bumpers, 2 door hinge sets, 2 new clear vent windows, 2 stainless below-eyeline mirrors, every piece of door hardware but the regulators and window glass, all window & door gaskets & weatherstripping, 1 fuel tank, tank straps and anti-squeak material, a new repro grille & 2 headlight bezels (on the truck) and all the chrome trim strips for the grille & bezels, new light lenses, hood & tailgate bumpers, hardware for just about everything, and I'm sure there's more I've forgotten. The body panels have all been primed with AwlGrip 545 marine epoxy primer, with the door interiors being primed as well and the outside of the inner fenders painted with gloss black SEM RustShield. I also have good take-off diesel wiring harnesses for the cab and engine bay, with the only cut I'm aware of being where the glow plug controller connector was cut off (I still have it and will reattach it.) I also have a diesel gauge cluster and bezel.

I'm asking $2000 for everything, and what you'll get is the truck and just about everything needed to renew it, except for paint & bodywork supplies. I just don't have access to a facility to do the work needed for it to pass Maine's strict inspection and don't want to pay someone to work on it. The truck runs awesome, and the engine starts incredibly well even down around 0F with a single year-old 875CCA EverStart battery and new AC60Gs about 2 months ago. If I drive the speed limit and don't do jackrabbit starts it averages 22mpg, with a tank high of 24mpg. With my foot on the floor every time I drive and black smoke pouring out like a choo-choo train it still gets 14mpg. The engine does need a head gasket, there are small (and I mean small!) bubbles in the expansion tank. The engine has so much torque it's not funny, I can take off in 4th gear with only minimal clutch slippage and 3rd gear requires just a bit of throttle. Even with all that power choked by a 2 1/4" exhaust I can run away from just about anything when going uphill.

I have pics taken this morning here (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2097069110), and if you have any questions just ask. I would prefer to sell everything as a lot because it means less work for me, but will part it out if necessary.

john8662
01-08-2007, 14:39
Bummer you can't source out one of those less-than-honest type inspection places, that would get you fixed up.

I've got one that I simply roll up front, then the inspection officer drives the truck into the bay on the side of the building. Then he walks to his desk, checks your insurance, collects the fee. Walks out with a scraper and scrapes the sticker off the windshield and slaps the new one on and says good day!

Took me awhile to find this place...

J

UGLYTRUK
01-10-2007, 00:42
Sure like that step bumper, I'm in Plattsburgh, NY. coming my way soon? I'll be in NH in the spring, on my Harley... Hmmmm....