PDA

View Full Version : Slotted and/or drilled rotors...

Jgreemo
01-09-2007, 00:29
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone is using slotted and/or crossed drilled rotors and if they are, what your opinion is on their performance. Not sure if it's worth the price (at least double) vs. a new set of OEM rotors.

I'm due at least a front brake job and as I can't keep my front rotors from warping, I'm looking at replacing them.

thanks for your help and Happy New Year to you all.
Jon

HammerWerf
01-10-2007, 19:21
Jgreemo

I put a set of PowerSlot disks on my 99 in July-06. My factory originals were shaking the truck like an almond harvester.

We went with the GM Metallic pads in the DuraStop line. The setup is working good. The best thing that came with the new rotors was the instructions on how to break-in/bed-in the new rotors and pads.

Ordered mine from BreakWarehouse. Paid about $88 apiece.

No more shaking.

HammerWerf

Robyn
01-10-2007, 21:53
My trips down disc brake drive have lead me to believe the factory type GM rotors are fine as is.
I had a set of aftermarket drilled rotors on an F series Ford and they cracked real bad between some of the holes.
I would use stock replacement rotors with the metalic pads.

Robyn

SHEIDEN9
01-12-2007, 00:06
Ive had a set of powerslot rotors on my 97 sub for about 60k mi without any vibration problems, I run the factory pads with them because the aftermarket pads squeek so bad . before I changed over to slotted rotors i would warp the factory rotors about every 10k mi. I agree that drilled rotors are prone to cracks I see a lot of cracked drilled rotors in my shop thats why I went with slotted .here in so ca there is a lot of stop and go traffic and hills so brake shimmy is very common .

SHEIDEN9
01-18-2007, 23:40
i found this on another forum it is pretty good i think http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml#