PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy with my Dmax and have some ???'s

KrazyNate
01-12-2007, 17:52
Hey all..
Bought an 02 Chev Dmax back in the mid/end Oct.. Since then Ive not bested 14 MPG on the hwy, in town, towing or not... I had all 8 injectors done per GM warranty in early Nov.. End of Dec I got the privelage to replace my NSBU switch. I HAD TO PAY.. Still getting horrible fuel mileage at this point.. Service Engine light is on sometimes, off sometimes.. Back to the dealer who performed "updates" to increase my fuel economy. Shouldnt the MPG been better to begin with?? Ohh well.

My next question, Id like to drain/purge any water/air in my fuel filter... Looked for the procedure in my manual (no luck) searched here (little luck)

Also, is it terrible for the engine to run overfull on oil?? Had it changed at the dealer about 500 miles ago and seems to be overfull upon checking.

I also have a noise w/vibration in 4x4 while at 2000 RPMs ?? Front u-joint?

At this point I a LOT dissappointed, not only with the truck but with my dealer as well.. Any one here know what I can do legally to get away from this thing before it starts to cost me moneys??

Sincerely,
Unhappy Dmax Customer..

Thanks for time and replies

BillMoncrief
01-12-2007, 21:31
Hello all
Are you saying your oil is over full after having injectors done? Does it smell like diesel? If it does I think your getting another set on them.
Bill

madmatt
01-13-2007, 06:21
How's your truck configured???? Dual rears, crew cab, utility bed, A/t, M/T, ETC, ETC,,,,,,,

mark45678
01-13-2007, 18:37
driving style is the # 1 thing that effects the fuel economy with these trucks , the second thing is fuel. If your in a cold area of the us they mix the fuel so it doesnt jell up. when its blended you will not get as good of mileage. Keep your top speed down around 65~70 try to use your cruise controle as much as poss for one tank and see with your mileage lis like. I drive my trucks hard every one of them has got over 16 mpg on normal solo runs every day. Dont leave it idle for more then 2~3 mins even cold , that is just wasting fuel and its never going to warm up sitting.Tow haul mode will reduce your economy about 1 mpg if used all the time empty, towing it may not change it at all.

hapaschold
01-14-2007, 20:18
my 02 didnt do much better mpg wise....15 ish, 16 if i babied it.

water from fuel bowl, easy, passenger side of engine, imo best accessible thru passenger wheel well rather than from above...

air, open plastic bleeder screw on top off fuel filter assemble, and pump small hand pump on top until diesel comes out.....

my 06 lbz, same build as 02 get s about 18 mpg in the lows 70 s for commute, but drops 16.5 if running 80mph