PDA

View Full Version : Injectors on back order

ApolloWar
01-17-2007, 18:20
My '02 (88k miles) is having trouble starting. Usually in the morning and only that one time. I have to pump the primer about 5 times and it will crank up after that. After 2 days at the dealer, they say it needs fuel injectors but they are on back order. That was 3 weeks ago and the message from the advisor is that they are still on back order.

Anyone out there that has seen this or thinks that something else is going on?

chipper
01-17-2007, 20:57
My '02 (88k miles) is having trouble starting. Usually in the morning and only that one time. I have to pump the primer about 5 times and it will crank up after that. After 2 days at the dealer, they say it needs fuel injectors but they are on back order. That was 3 weeks ago and the message from the advisor is that they are still on back order.

Anyone out there that has seen this or thinks that something else is going on?

Been hearing about the 3 weeks back order problem for several months on this site.

Kennedy
01-18-2007, 08:06
I think it's time to place a call to GM Customer Care. There is no excuse for this. I'd have to check with my supplier, but I believe I can get them most any time. I haven't bought any lately as I have them on the shelf. I'd offer to trade with your dealer, BUT he'd have to make certain they were replaced with new units and I'm pretty sure he'll get remans for warranty.

ApolloWar
01-18-2007, 20:32
Thanks for the thoughts back. I'm going to try the customer care route and if nothing else get a chance to vent. I'll also check in with my advisor and see if there's a possibility of a trade. Kennedy I appreciate the offer even if this doesn't work out. I'll check back in tomorrow.

ApolloWar
01-26-2007, 21:56
I got the customer care number from my advisor in the morning. I planned to make the call later that same day. That same afternoon, the advisor calls me to tell me that the injectors are in. Wow. Coincidence? Who knows. I'm scheduled to have the work done on Monday.

FireMedic
01-26-2007, 22:53
Got mine replaced today. Only took a week. Took 3 days to get the injectors to the dealership. 135K for mileage.

Does anyone know if the extension to 200K stops at 200K no matter what or is it another 200K from the time they are replaced?

Anyone having an more problems after replacement?

BlackMaxx212
01-29-2007, 15:17
I just had mine done at 136K and it seems to be doing fine! Work took two days, and I ended up with new fuel lines as well as the tips were corroded.

I'm guessing it stops at 200K - then they can nail us for parts and labor . Or they could try to get us into newer trucks....