PDA

View Full Version : Drivers seat heater not working...

BIGSTICK
01-18-2007, 09:29
I have a 2003 with heated leather seats. The passenger seat heater is working fine of course (at least that keeps the wife happy). However, now the driver's seat heater is messed up. When I hit the button to turn it on it comes on but just for a second or two and sometimes immediately turns right back off. I can hear it clicking like a relay under the drivers seat and when I turn on the passenger seat it clicks in the same box under the driver's seat. I removed the seat bottom to gain access to the box thinking I could check the relay. Unfortunately inside the box is just a circuit board and that is where the action is going on. So now I am thinking that maybe the drivers seat has a short in it. Has anyone else had this problem? The passenger seat heater works fine until I try to turn on the drivers then it kills them both. Not to mention the drive indicator section on the dash (PRND123) and the passenger mirror heater quit working also. ARGH!! Damn bells and whistles!

madmatt
01-19-2007, 12:25
I've seen the heated seat failure severaltimes and some times it's been the element in the seat and a time or maybe two it was the module under the seat. My guess based on what I've seen the most would be a bad element. The heated mirror, also just based on my experiences, probably just needs a new glass but of course I can't be sure w/o checking it out. I've never seen anything else cause just one not to work. The gear indicator,,,,just what is it doing??? Not moving when you shift, not lit up at all, flashing???

seth_95
01-20-2007, 21:52
I just had this seat heater happen to my 04 diesel truck. There was actually an updated software the the DSM. Mine works great now.

BIGSTICK
01-22-2007, 14:33
Seth,
What did you do to fix it? What is a DSM?

Matt,
My indicator lights up very very dimly and once the truck has been running for a while like an hour or more it gets brighter.

seth_95
01-25-2007, 18:59
They upgraded the BCM and the Drivers Seat Module. Fixed everything.

JohnC
01-29-2007, 11:55
Not to hyjack the thread, but it seems on my '06, if I hit the seat heater button too soon after startup, it locks the seat heaters out. The only fix is to shut down and restart. Anyone else hard of anything similar?