PDA

View Full Version : Vacum Tube?

JSteward
01-18-2007, 09:44
There's a tube that connects to a cylinder which is located on top of the turbo booster. This plastic tube is connected to a nipple on top of the cylinder by a rubber adapter. This plastic cracked right next to the rubber adapter. Is it crucial that I replace this right away? Do I need to replace the entire tube?

Robyn
01-18-2007, 10:30
This is the vacuum line that controls the turbo.
If the line is broken (cracked) and there is an interuption of vacuum to the actuator it will cause the turbo not to work properly.
This is all part of the turbo waste gate system and is necessary for proper engine opertion.
Replace the tube asap.
You can use rubber vacuum hose to fix it.
Just cut off the bad section of tube and add a section of hose a hook it up to the turbo actuator.
Be sure you have about 26" of vacuum at the turbo end of that hose with the engine idling.

Hope this helps
Robyn

JSteward
01-21-2007, 18:03
This is the vacuum line that controls the turbo.
If the line is broken (cracked) and there is an interuption of vacuum to the actuator it will cause the turbo not to work properly.
This is all part of the turbo waste gate system and is necessary for proper engine opertion.
Replace the tube asap.
You can use rubber vacuum hose to fix it.
Just cut off the bad section of tube and add a section of hose a hook it up to the turbo actuator.
Be sure you have about 26" of vacuum at the turbo end of that hose with the engine idling.

Hope this helps
Robyn

Thanks for the info. I noticed my boost guage wasn't registering. I temperarily shoved the tube down the nozzle and used electrical tape to seal the connection.