PDA

View Full Version : Edge users question

SoTxPollock
01-18-2007, 12:04
I bought a used Edge module and its been on for about 3 months, absolutely no issues, however there have been a couple of times when its raining or raining and near freezing that the pilot injection seems to cut off and the engine gets loud. After a minute of two it returns to normal. Its happened on several settings so that doesn't seem to matter, the last time I set it to 0 to see if it did, but it still did it. Never did anything unusual when dry. Any Ideas?

cowboywildbill
01-18-2007, 15:25
I remember reading a post a couple of years or more back about some of the boxes having an issue when the wipers were used. Is your pilot injection turning off when the truck is first driven in near freezing conditions, or is it warmed up and then doing it? I know my 02 would really get loud when it was really cold out, and the pilot injection would not work until it warmed up. I think that is normal, but if you are warmed up near operating temp, it sounds like something is amiss.

SoTxPollock
01-22-2007, 12:11
I've noticed it at about the time the temp. would be considered normal, say after 5 minutes or so down the road maybe a little more. It also happened when it was not cold outside, just raining, that's what has me puzzled. I know the edge doesn't kick in until the engine temp. reaches normal, so I at first thought it was an Edge issue when it first came in, but now I just don't know. It also showed some white smoke out the pipe yesterday when it did that and we had been driving for about 15 minutes. It's got me scratching my head, any help is appreciated. No Rogain jokes, please.

jcummins
01-22-2007, 17:34
I had to replace my wiper control moduel...but the Edge did not act that way...it just killed the truck. Died, had to restart. Not fun in the wet, passing a semi. Goods news, once i did that, no more issues.