PDA

View Full Version : Superchip handheld

larryh1
01-19-2007, 06:51
Hello everyone. I hope someone can help me with this. I'm still a "newbe" to the forum and the DMax. I love my truck!!! My question....07 2500HD, 4WD w/3000 miles. Is it safe to install the Superchip #2805 Flashpaq in my truck with milage this low? I feel the truck is still being broke in. I'll be using the tow mode, pulling a 29' toy hauler, about 9000 loaded.

thanks everyone.

Mark Rinker
01-19-2007, 08:23
Personally, I'd get many more miles on the truck, through the break-in fluid changes, and establish a baseline of stock fuel consumption and towing characteristics before modifying anything.

You have a pretty stout truck compared to previous years. I don't know how much extra HP you can add and still tow without transmission slippage, but again a baseline of stock towing and unloaded driving experience would be helpful before deciding to add MORE POWER.

You might decide to do exhaust first, or suspension/hitch mods. Just my .02 worth!

larryh1
01-19-2007, 10:15
okay. Thanks. Thats what I thougt too, just wanted to check with the experts. I haven't towed on a long haul yet. I want to do some short one's first to break in the rear end and trans. Then change the oil and see what it will really do pulling.

thank you
Larry

Mark Rinker
01-19-2007, 17:56
No 'expert' here, but hey lots of opinions...

Make sure to get the rear end lube changed after the break-in miles, or the first few good pulls.

Good luck I am envious of your new LBZ Duramax!!!

jsmiracle
01-19-2007, 19:54
I would also recommend getting some miles on your truck, although I installed the Superchips handheld before my exhaust change and I just ordered some heavy-duty Bilstein shocks. I keep it on "Tow-Perf" setting unless towing our TT, then I place it on "Tow Safe" mode. I like it alot especially since it has helped identify and clear DTC's when doing other mods. I would also recommend pyro and turbo boost gauges soon after, if not before, installing the tuner.

BTW, I believe I have the tuner model just prior to the FlashPak.

Good luck,
Jim M.

larryh1
01-21-2007, 11:57
thanks everyone. The advise is appreciated and will be used.

Larry