PDA

View Full Version : Hypertech's 'Hyperpac' tuner

Mark Rinker
01-20-2007, 16:56
Has anyone tried one of these out?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hypertech-Hyperpac-GMC-Chevy-6-6L-Duramax-Diesel_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33597QQihZ016QQi temZ260077208101QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Mark Rinker
01-25-2007, 00:12
Hmmm...well I'll take that as a 'NO'. :)

More Power
01-25-2007, 01:27
I may have an opportunity to try Hypertech's new toys before long. A local diesel shop is installing a chassis dyno, which could make it easier to try something new.... :D

Jim

Mark Rinker
01-25-2007, 16:06
It would be interesting to compare their calculated 'dyno' numbers from the HyperPac to the measured chassis dyno numbers.

I am interested as it has some features that I can use 'one truck at a time' across the '01 and '02, depending on what they are doing on any given day.

Let us know what you find out, Jim.

adamsclimber
01-29-2007, 01:12
I've got one in my '05 GMC. Mine is a fairly "old" one and I've recently had a couple of issues come up, but at this point can't point fingers as to if its the Hyperpac's fault or the tech that installed the new EGT module. I'm waiting for the A.M. to start finding out who to go bark at once I get the info in.

Prior to this little hiccup its been a lot of fun to play with, and its been handy for a relative newbie to these high-falluting diesel that are on the market these days to be able to see something that I question and hit the "record" feature and have a record of it to show some one much more in the know than myself.

The dyno? well, I can't really say how accurate it is, but I figure if I can get a set of relatively good baseline numbers of the same chunk of road under similar conditions, it should show if I'm helping or hurting myself as I gradually change things a bit. YMMV

For a guy that wants to play with his truck a bit and just keep an eyeball on things I really like it.

From the info I've been able to gather, the idea is that you should be able to keep the same box for your rig and as they develop updated programming it will be made available. That may be one of the problems I've run into, but do not take that as the gospel, because I have not had an opportunity to discuss AnyThing with Hypertech yet. Because of course this problem reared its ugly head just as the shop here was closing and Hypertech was already closed on Friday night.

Will let you know what I find out.

Kennedy
01-29-2007, 08:27
I haven't tried the Hyperpac, but I did dyno the PPIII and was NOT impressed on the LLY.

DieselSpeed
01-30-2007, 18:10
Diesel Power just did a write-up on it within the last couple months, and they compared dyno #'s (actual vs. the monitor's). I don't remember exactly, but the monitor was off a bit. It wasn't bad though if you're just looking to see what a specific upgrade did for you.

billj0124
02-08-2007, 21:41
I recently installed a Hyperpac on my 04 Dmax LLY and enjoy it! The performance settings were no different than my Hypertech 30029. But the abilities to monitor soooo many things while pulling my 5th wheel is amazing. I kept my previously installed EGT/Boost gauges as the Hyperpac EGT module is toooo much $$$ ($349.00). I'm in the process of building my own web site that will show all of the functions from photos taken with my digital camera. I will post it when completed. The Drag Strip, Dyno etc shows your test results which can be compared if changes are made. Hypertech's web site does no justice when displaying and showing the features? Being able to select specific settings and customizing the gauges to monitor the settings is great. I made my own bracket out of steel as the suction cup comes with it "sucks". It would not hold to the glass at all. If you want speed with high HP, go with something else? But for towing, Hyperpac-Hypertech is the only way to go! I had to remove my Cat and replace the pipe using one off a 2001 Dmax LB7 to be able to use Stage 3 when pulling 6% grade here in hot Arizona. If you have any specific questions, e-mail me. Good luck!