PDA

View Full Version : 4wd Noise

NC06HD
01-21-2007, 15:09
Kinda new to the 4wd system on my HD. But today I was messing around with it and put it in 4 wheel high, and the road was wet, but while coasting, I hear like a roaring noise or whirling, kinda wierd, but as soon as I give it gas it goes away. Is this normal? I know not to use 4wd in the rain, but it was just for a minute, and the noise kinda got me wondering, cause my Jeep never did that. Anyways any thoughts on this would be appriciated. Thanks John

cowboywildbill
01-21-2007, 16:19
That could be the system torquing up. Kind of like a bind between front and rear. aAnd some of that is normal. I would check the transfer case level and even see if the tires are close to each other in psi. Sometimes dealers have lower tire pressures on new vehicles to make them ride better. And if the fronts and rears are way off from each other, that can affect the drive train a little when it is in 4wd. But a little noise is normal in 4wd, although these trucks are pretty quiet. The more slippery the road is, the less you will notice the bind. Hope that helps.