PDA

View Full Version : Destroked 6.5 pistons

More Power
01-24-2007, 15:20
Jim Allen put me onto this link (http://kb-silvolite.com/news.php?action=read&N_id=42) concerning Silvolite's .010" destroked 6.5 pistons to better accomodate decked blocks. :)

Jim

john8662
01-24-2007, 16:07
IIRC

The Mahle, Zollner, Sealed Power Pistons also offer this, and list this in their parts books to compensate for decked blocks.

The note about GM seeing it acceptable to take the minimum of .003" off the deck before adjustment is required is interesting though (no destroked piston required).

I do not believe that the pistons from other manufacturers are simply "topped" pistons...

I'm also under the distinct impression that Silvolite pistons should not be used in a rebuild, from past experiences by others in using 6.2L pistons.

J

dieseldummy
01-24-2007, 17:18
Yeah, all the others have been doing that for years now... I believe silvolite has too. I would strongly recomend against using Silvolites in a rebuild! After doing much studying and measuring of the 6.2 Silvolites Vs. the other brands they are inferior in many ways, IMO. I had a thread in the 6.2 forum with my Silvolite experiences...

rustyk
01-24-2007, 21:32
I don't know why they call those pistons "destroked" - the only way to destroke an engine is to put a crankshaft with smaller stroke in. They must mean "lower compression ratio" or "higher clearance"...