PDA

View Full Version : Gauges

Mr. Bone
01-24-2007, 21:38
I have a '86 military issue 6.2 cube van. It is bare bones in every regard. I am finding myself in need of gauges that indicate water temp, volts, etc. Currently all i have is a speedo on the left and a BIG fuel gauge on the right. I have the impression there are other OEM/stock options, like the right side being fuel, water temp, volts and maybe a clock?? I also really need a tach.

Would it be possible to take the gauge out of a similar year Burb. If not does anyone know a source for the something other than what i have?

thanks for your time.:)

john8662
01-25-2007, 00:33
I'll bet that another "Cluster" out of another Diesel Van (Civilan) and changing some senders on the engine would grant you some more gauges.

IIRC, on the '83 G-van I get the opportunity to work on it has..

Photo Album Link (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=357)

You'd want to install an oil pressure sender unit, and a coolant temp sender in place of the existing switches. They were used for trouble lights, not gauges, so the senders have to be installed in place.

J

Mr. Bone
01-25-2007, 13:05
J,

thanks again. you are a infinite source of wisdom regarding the g-van. I really appreciate your advice. R

john8662
01-25-2007, 14:09
You're welcome! :)

I forgot to mention above that a cluster from a Suburban or Truck wouldn't work because the clusters are totally different. You had asked I just forgot to add it.

J