PDA

View Full Version : ha ha, my 93 wont start.

bmp34
01-25-2007, 21:29
Im havin the same problem as d350. Mines a 93 tho. My glow plug light wont cycle through. It started that mornin then at night it wouldnt. I checked the connection at the relay and have power, checked the drivers side plugs and they have power only for 3 secs (which is how long they are staying on) I have white smoke sputtering out of the tailpipe while cranking. It fired once out every 10 tries but wouldnt fully start start. I know you guys were already talkin about this but then you went into the PMD which wont be an issue with me. Please help me.

gmctd
01-26-2007, 10:42
Test each glow plug for 1.2ohms, or pull each one and test it using your jumper cables to the batteries - center-to-tip should glow brite red-to-yellow within 5 seconds.

No ohms = no glow = short glow-cycle.

Also your glow inhibit switch or it's connector may be failing

Also your glow controller may be failing

Check it out

bcbigfoot
01-26-2007, 11:25
My 93 with new glow controller will keep glows on for 10 seconds first start of the day and temp of 32f. It sound like 3 seconds isn't nearly enough, my truck wouldn't start with that little bit of glow time anyway. How cold is where your at?

bmp34
01-26-2007, 20:01
Well right now its about 20 degrees or less

C.K. Piquup
01-28-2007, 11:54
Test each glow plug for 1.2ohms, or pull each one and test it using your jumper cables to the batteries - center-to-tip should glow brite red-to-yellow within 5 seconds.

No ohms = no glow = short glow-cycle.

I`d try this route,first.