PDA

View Full Version : BioDiesel Processor For Sale

Murphy
01-26-2007, 00:29
I am selling my processor.
Pictures below.

What's included in the sale:
Qty 1 Insulated 63 Gal Cone Bottom Biodiesel reactor.
(With Harbor Freight Pump not shown)
*Two 4500W@220V heating elements.
*Reactor heats up in 30 minutes on average.
*All piping is 1 inch or larger Black Iron Pipe.
*Digital PID temperature controller
*Industrial Type J Thermocouple and Wire Head
*Brass Full Port Ball Valves
*Polyethylene Insulation (impervious to the chemicals and biodiesel)
*Industrial type Nema-12 Rated Oil and Dust Tight Metal Control Panel
*Atmospheric Vent with Methanol Recovery connection ready.
*Industrial type Illuminated on/off switch with LED bulb.

Qty 1 Insulated 117 Gal Settling Tank
*Auxiliary heating port already installed.
*Decanting valves assure no glycerin gets to wash tanks.
*Site tube
*Brass Full Port Ball Valves

Qty 2 55 Gallon Wash Tanks (photo only shows 1 but there are 2)
*Complete with wood platform
*Stand-pipe design
*2 Air pumps (One for each tank)
*110 Volt heaters 1250 watts or 1500 watts.
*Misting Nozzles with pre-filter to keep them from plugging.

This unit has made almost 10,000 gallons of biodiesel and does so flawlessly. The large plumbing allows for really good agitation inside the reactor. This is one of the biggest problems encountered with many reactor designs. The settling tank is insulated so that the fuel stays warm for up to 12 hours. This helps in the settling process and helps speed up the time needed to heat the wash process.

I am upgrading to a much larger system.
Location SouthEast Michigan

Package includes reasonable telephone support to help you get on your way to making bio.
I will also offer training for those who want it. Depending on where you live.

PRICE $2750

An open forum discussion about this unit can be seen here:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/959605551/m/8711096081

Here is a photo of the reactor and settling tank. Note that they are hard-piped together. No hoses to burst when transferring hot fuel.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/Murphy2000/IMG_4906copy_Small.jpg

Here is a photo of the wash tank(s). While the photo only shows 1 tank, there are two of them.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/Murphy2000/IMG_4035copycopy.jpg

Email: murphy six two five at yahoo dot com

arveetek
01-26-2007, 12:27
Nice looking setup! Definitely more professional looking than the water heater, 55-gallon barrels, and plastic storage tanks that my dad and I are using! We've been brewing our own biodiesel for about 1.5 years now with excellent results.

Casey

Shikaroka
01-26-2007, 12:34
How tall is the tallest section?
I assume it can be dismanteled for shipping purposes. Would it all fit on a 18' car trailer?

Murphy
01-26-2007, 19:28
Nice looking setup! Definitely more professional looking than the water heater, 55-gallon barrels, and plastic storage tanks that my dad and I are using! We've been brewing our own biodiesel for about 1.5 years now with excellent results.

Casey

Thanks! I laugh every time I see someone with a plastic cone processor! I like mine.. its nice, safe, and makes hundreds of gallons every week.

The tall settling tower rocks!! makes separating glycerin a no-brainer.

Murphy
01-26-2007, 19:32
How tall is the tallest section?
I assume it can be dismanteled for shipping purposes. Would it all fit on a 18' car trailer?

The settling tower is about 10 feet tall. Yes, the entire thing would fit on a trailer that is at least 10 feet long. The tower would have to be laid down on its side. All together, the entire system probably weighs about 750 lbs with all the tanks.

You could fit it all on a single 8ft bed pickup truck but it would have to be stacked tall and you'd look like the Beverly Hillbillies driving home.

I'm offering the whole things as listed for $2750 or, without the tall tower for $2000. I'll even throw in phone and email support. I can even offer training if you're not to far from me.

Mark Rinker
01-26-2007, 19:58
How many $$$ of raw material in to create ~100 gallons per week? How many hours of effort once up and running efficiently? How much electricity consumed per month? Cost per gallon of output fuel?

Murphy
01-27-2007, 16:56
How many $$$ of raw material in to create ~100 gallons per week? How many hours of effort once up and running efficiently? How much electricity consumed per month? Cost per gallon of output fuel?

2 batches to make 100 gallons. Cost would be around $75 to make 100 gallons of ASTM grade fuel. If you have an older engine, you can lower the cost by up to 25% or more.

Hours of effort. That depends on how you set up. Obviously, the more fuel you make at the same time, the more efficient it is. You could spend a 3 day weekend making several hundred gallons and not have to make any more for a long time. Or you could make 50 gallons every other week.. It all depends on you.

As for electricity its not much. The cost is so small most people don't stop to consider it. Running the lights in your shop while you tinker around will be a larger cost.

Yukon6.2
01-28-2007, 13:33
Hi
nice looking setup,i'd like to get into making biodiesel,distance keeps me from buying a setup like yours.
Would you sell a blueprint,and instruction manual?
Thanks Thomas

Murphy
01-28-2007, 15:44
Hi
nice looking setup,i'd like to get into making biodiesel,distance keeps me from buying a setup like yours.
Would you sell a blueprint,and instruction manual?
Thanks Thomas

Sure, send me your email address to:

murphy six two five at yahoo dot com

I've had several request for the plans for it so I am working on them.

I just finished plans for a waste oil heater powered by motor oil, veg oil or any other waste oil. 60 some pages and 160 diagrams of how-to.
I had several request for the plans so i am selling them.

It looks like I'll be doing the same thing with the processor..

Biodiesel is so cool.. You'll be amazed at how much money you can save.

Goggle "Girl Mark" and buy her book. She is a public authority on home-brew biodiesel. She is also listed in Wikipedia.

You can check out what she said about my processor here:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/959605551/m/8711096081

Shikaroka
01-29-2007, 09:46
I might plan a trip.
What is the zip code of where this unit is located?

Murphy
01-29-2007, 11:51
Zip code is 48048

If you're close enough, i'll bring it to you.

ScubaCat
10-24-2008, 19:04
I assume this has to be long gone by now.....wish I found this earlier...

Renntag
10-26-2008, 18:59
I assume this has to be long gone by now.....wish I found this earlier...

Did you try contacting "murphy" ?
His email is in the thread.

Nice set up indeed.

Shikaroka
10-28-2008, 10:19
Yeh, I remember him selling it. But, I believe he was (or could) making more.