PDA

View Full Version : Sway Bars

KGS
01-26-2007, 08:57
Any feedback on the Frederico sway bars for the HD's???

Thinkin' about ordering them before Feb. 1.

TIA,

Kurt

WLucas
01-28-2007, 16:10
Kurt,
I installed a set of Frederico sway bars on my 2001 3500 Duramax a couple months ago. I am very pleased with them.

I have a large Bigfoot truck camper and the sway bars make a world of difference in the way that the truck handles.

Bill Lucas

KGS
01-28-2007, 19:34
Thanks Bill, that's the kind of feedback I was looking for.

I have a 10' Northernlite(Bigfoot spinoff).

Kurt

More Power
01-29-2007, 10:55
A quick search turned up This Thread (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=23612)concerning the sway bars. :)

Jim

ICS
01-28-2008, 15:05

TIA,

Kurt

I've been told it takes a long time to get them....?

KGS
01-28-2008, 23:33
It didn't take too awful long, not quite four weeks. I was made aware of the wait and planned accordingly.

After running the truck for almost a year with the sway bars, both loaded and empty, I wouldn't hesitate to install them again.

I had a 4" Diamond Eye exhaust installed and had the muffler shop cut an rework the tail pipe section to fit the existing sway bar link so I wouldn't have to spend another $250 for the upgraded sway bar and wait another 4 weeks......

ICS
02-03-2008, 20:30

TIA,

Kurt

I've read some pretty bad stuff about his customer service on another diesel forum. Makes me wonder....?

Heartbeat Hauler
03-07-2008, 17:54
I bought a set of sway bars for my wife's '04 2500 Sub and they arrived in about 4 weeks. As for performance, it's better, but I also added a set of Bilsteins at the same time.
JP

mattb5150
06-12-2008, 23:35
I just removed my Frederico Bars a few weeks ago. I like the handling they produced but the rough ride they created wasn't worth it. Now I have short bed extended cab truck, very short wheel base and they increased the spring rate of the suspension so much that it rattled my brain. I sold them to my neighbor who has a crew cab dually that he usually is towing a fifth wheel toy hauler with. I assume that this longer heavier truck will do just fine with the bars.

Another reason I pulled them is that the front wheels did not articulate at all with them on and I would get creaking noises coming into and out of driveways and going over waterbreaks on forest roads.

Matt