PDA

View Full Version : DTC P0711 code meaning?

Docfranco
03-26-2005, 19:35
I just pulled this code from my autoenginuity scanner and it say it is the transmission temp sensor circut. I just got my swap/engine running and the trans will not shift out of 1st. i am wondering if it is connected to this code. i also have P3900 unspecified code also??? Thanks :confused:

GMC Hauler
03-27-2005, 21:49
I have a P0711 transmission fluid temperature circuit performance/range also, and a u3900 unspecified code. They are all in the pending section using the Autoenginuity reader.

I used an xray scanner at the parts store, and I also saw the code P0711. I just figured I would change out the transmision fluid temperature sensor. The trans temp sensor tracks on the scan tool.

I see no mention of code P0711 in my service manual.

I have no idea what the U3900 is.

[ 03-31-2005, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: GMC Hauler ]

Docfranco
03-29-2005, 15:13
GMC
I ordered the internal trans harness which includes the trans temp sensor today. my trans came from a auto dismantler and was roughed up a bit and the large pinout connector was loose and i had to take the pan off the attach it. I am hoping replacement will cure my DTC and trans limp mode. autoenginuity reads my trans temp at -40. i had a reading on my water temp of -40 when i tried to hook up my vdo gauge to the gm water temp sensor, so i am thinking there is a short in the trans temp circut. does yours also run in limp mode (2nd gear)?

GMC Hauler
03-29-2005, 17:06
Doesn't run in limp mode, runs fine. The Autoenginuity temp tracks my trans temp gage, off by about 5-10 degrees (the gage sensor is located in the pressure tap port).

Sounds like you are doing the right thing.