PDA

View Full Version : Help Urgent

DmaxMad
01-27-2007, 09:52
I changed my fuel filter this morning. Never could get any fuel to the bleeder valve. I made the mistake of starting the truck. It ran for about 5 seconds. Still could not get it to prime. I took the filter off and put fuel directly in the filter. Truck still will not start. What can I do?

Buck
01-27-2007, 10:25
It sounds like you have got an air leak somewhere? You used the new o-rings supplied with the filters right? I always use a little dielectric grease on the o-rings to lube them and it helps to keep them in place. ALso check the bleeder screw on filter housing. If it was overtightened it may have cracked. Oh, and be sure the bleeder screw is closed when you pump the primer;) Hopefully, you can resolve this issue quickly and easily. Good luck

Turbo Al
01-27-2007, 12:59
1. Make sure the old O rings came off with the old filter.
2. Make sure new O ring's are properly seated on new filter.
3. Open plastic bleed valve pump the manual pump till clear diesel runs out.
4. Close the plastic bleed valve tight but not over tight.
5. If it still wont catch go back to #3 and tighten the bleed valve tighter. I had this problem on my first filter change and it was because the valve was not tight enough.

Best of luck
Al

DmaxMad
01-27-2007, 13:42
I finally got to the bottom of this. It appears that I must have cracked the water sensor. I replaced that and one more fuel filter from the stealer. It finally took prime and started. I did try the blowing air in the tank method. That does work. Thanks for all your input.

Turbo Al
01-28-2007, 13:16
Thanks for filling us in -- one more thing to check. Glad you got it going -- how much for the sensor from the stealer??

Al

DmaxMad
01-28-2007, 14:31
Sensor was 51.91 plus uncle sam's part. I order a wrench from Kennedy today for changing the sensor. That should lessen the chances of ruining another one.