PDA

View Full Version : IGNORAMUS

diesel lover
08-21-2005, 05:51
Talk about stupid. Went shopping after work yesterday to a "membership" type wholesale grocery store where some of the carts are the heavy flat type. As I was leaving the store I heard the sound of one of these carts rushing down the parking lot. (two things here: I always park away from the herd. I always put the carts back in the corral) As I approach my truck, I see the cart is going towards the passenger door, flying. Also this MORON that I suspect of pushing the cart away from his Nissan pickup or what ever kind of junk he had started driving up this same asile. Just then, bang! the cart slams into my truck with such force that the back wheels of the cart jump off the ground. I was too far away to stop it and couldn't see the IDIOT'S tag. This left a huge dent in the door, destroyed the molding and left me thinking how much more I am totally disgusted with some(people?). The corral was maybe 20 feet from his location and he didn't have the common deciency to put it in there. I can't stand ignorant morons. What would it taken him? 30-40 seconds? Glad for the folks that do turn the carts into the corrals and save some soul a lot of misery and hassels.

95 chevy 6.5 tubo passenger door dented
05 silverado cc d/a fact. moonroof etc.

turbovair
08-21-2005, 06:38
All I can say is "that sucks"...
I always place my carts in the corral and make sure its not rolling before I walk away from it. There is a lack of consideration for others of epedemic proportions these days.Sorry about your loss.

sturgeon-phish
08-21-2005, 11:17
I know what you're saying. I always park at the far end of the parking lot and that helps. What is so bad is the folks who don't take care of their cars, think nothing of letting their cars doors bang into the adjecent car. A friend of mine saw his car getting banged while setting in a resturant, the guy called a sheriff, and the guy got a ticket. At first the guy tried to contest but finially admitted to banging the car. Unfortunatly the fine was less than the cost of the repair!

NH2112
08-21-2005, 11:24
That's why they made small claims court!

Dvldog 8793
08-21-2005, 13:19
There are "people" (term used loosly) that are waisting good oxygen simply because it is illegal to kill them. tongue.gif :mad:
L8r
Conley

diesel lover
08-22-2005, 03:35
Thanks for the replies. Kinda cheers me up (espcially Dvldg 8793) funny! tongue.gif
Gotta admit sometimes goofballs make me feel the same way to.

Cowracer
08-22-2005, 03:57
Originally posted by Dvldog 8793:
There are "people" (term used loosly) that are waisting good oxygen simply because it is illegal to kill them. tongue.gif :mad:
L8r
Conley Oh, it is? NOW you tell me.

Damn.

Now I gotta go call a lawyer :mad:

Tim

trbankii
08-22-2005, 04:02
It seems like people only think about themselves anymore. Rather than take a few more seconds of "their" time to put the cart away they have no problem wasting "your" time with damage and repairs.

Personally, I see it as a problem with just too many people. A small town, where you know everyone else, you would think twice about who else you are affecting. When the "other person" is a nameless face you're never going to see again, it is easier to dismiss them as being unimportant to you...

Still, whatever happened to the Golden Rule?

rjwest
08-22-2005, 04:07
My door dent not as bad , but.

Park way on side , away from everyone,
Lady ( I use the term loosly ) pulls up next to me, talking on a cell phone, before she is stopped,
slams it in park, opens door BANK,( big dentin my door )and jumps out still talking on cell phone,

I holler like hell, she flips me the bird, still talking on the cell phone and keeps on going.

Wish the wife was there to beat the cr@p out of her,,,anyway, I hope the pin stripping on her door pleases her...

More Power
08-22-2005, 07:01
I feel your pain..

In the late eighties, I parked my GMC 1500 about 3 blocks from where I worked. I tried to find a spot in the shade on a residential street during the summer, and liked one particular street.

One afternoon after work, I was walking out to where the truck was parked, when I saw a home owner about 20 feet from my truck chain-sawing a substantial limb off a nearby tree. I was about a block away.....

I decided to run the last block....

Didn't make it in time....

The tree limb hit the hood of my truck, putting an ugly dent in the leading edge. Before I got to the truck he was trying to quickly clean up the "evidence", and he didn't want to take responsibility till I assured him I saw the whole thing.

He wound up paying to have the dent removed & the whole hood repainted....

Jim

JohnC
08-22-2005, 08:48
Originally posted by trbankii:
Still, whatever happened to the Golden Rule? Banished from public places by the ACLU

moondoggie
08-22-2005, 09:34
Good Day!

I

DChristie
08-22-2005, 09:41
My favorite revenge has been to do a little midnight tire service... it entails jacking up the auto in question and relieving the tires of the air and valve-stems. Not happy with just leaving this poor sot with four flats, I replaced the now missing air with water :D
It can take quite a while for the silly B@$T@RD to figger out why his mileage has gone through the floor and the brakes wear reeeaaally fast. :eek:

DChristie

Dimsdale
08-22-2005, 10:03
I always park as far away as I can from the door of the store because the most inconsiderate types are the ones that will wait forever for a parking spot as close to the door as possible. Also, park uphill if possible. In addition to at least taking the momentum out of a runaway cart, it is helpful when parking lots flood in heavy downpours.

People are just plain inconsiderate and uncaring, similar to the ones that consider the road their ashtray/trash bucket. I've chewed out a few that have done that, much to the horror of my wife, who manages to fit on the floor. Sadly, they look at YOU like YOU did something wrong, like have the nerve to point out their bad behavior! Never condone stupidity (or laziness, inconsiderateness, etc.)

Now for the story of hot headed revenge. My dad parked his new Honda Civic (circa 1973, $2100 out the door!), his first ever new car, at a local bargain store. When we came out, there were two dents that perfectly matched the scalloped door of an Alfa Romeo next to us. After much cursing, my otherwise calm and gentle dad left a beauty of a scuff mark on the miscreant's door. I am glad he didn't have a hammer!

Marty Lau
08-22-2005, 11:46
Originally posted by DChristie:
My favorite revenge has been to do a little midnight tire service... it entails jacking up the auto in question and relieving the tires of the air and valve-stems. Not happy with just leaving this poor sot with four flats, I replaced the now missing air with water :D
It can take quite a while for the silly B@$T@RD to figger out why his mileage has gone through the floor and the brakes wear reeeaaally fast. :eek:

DChristie Hmmmm;
I have done the vavle stem losening trick but.... I love the H2O idea.......... :D

NH2112
08-22-2005, 15:22
A friend of mine back when I was stationed at Ft Bragg NC was the ultimate parking lot revenger-meister. One time we'd come out of the mall and found someone parked very close (like 12") from the driver's side of his car. He got in the passenger side, swearing the whole time, and when he looked in his side mirror he saw the nice dent in his door from where someone apparently had tried to exit the passenger door of the other car. So, he pulled forward into the spot ahead of us, and slammed open his door into the other car about every 6" from front side marker to rear side marker. His car was a 2-door 73 Olds 98, so you can just imagine what size the dents it left were :D Another one involved a highly-polished (to remove fingerprints) towing shackle from a tracked vehicle going through the windshield of an azzhole we ran into at a Chinese Restaurant LOL

It's like someone else said in this thread - everyone is ME ME ME and nobody does anything that will help (or even avoid hindering) everyone else if it causes the slightest delay for them. Someone's making a right turn into a lot? No problem, just cut across the double yellow line to go around them and flip the person off who you're playing chicken with if the blow the horn. Making a left turn across traffic? Just swing as far to the right as you can so nobody can squeeze around you as you're blocking traffic. Pump your gas then go inside and do your weekly shopping at the convenience store while your car is blocking a pump. And I'm sure many of us have dealt with this - the only 2 people at the gas station always seem to park at the only 2 pumps that have diesel, rather than picking a gas-only island.

john8662
08-22-2005, 18:35
Originally posted by trbankii:
Still, whatever happened to the Golden Rule? It's still around, but has been warped into

The Golden Rule: "He who holds the GOLD, makes the rules."

Thats how this society seems to be run now...

turbovair
08-23-2005, 09:56
Gas Rigs parked in front of the diesel pump while inside shopping..... Now theres another story. Dont get me started.
As far as the previous remarks, I always carry a 4 oz bottle of brake fluid to squirt on the perps vehicle, and a couple small tire spikes.

convert2diesel
08-23-2005, 16:15
Revenge is best served up cold. A little research and a ball pean hammer will allow you to locate the impact sensor on most cars. The hammer is used to deploy up to $4,000.00 worth of air bags and if done right, won't even mark up his bumper. Doesn't pay for your body work but it feels sooooo good.

Bill

trbankii
08-23-2005, 17:28
Oooooo! That's nasssty...

I like!

So what's an impact sensor look like??

chevyryan01
08-24-2005, 15:38
The impact sensor trick works VERY well. Did that to a almost new ZR2 S-10 that I saw parked in a parking lot one day that was tailgating me in my truck a few days before. They are usually small square or rectangular and a brighter white color. Not hard to find behind the rear bumper. Makes a hell of a noise when they go off also...

-Ryan-

Dimsdale
08-24-2005, 16:52
Hmmm, on a new car, wouldn't that get the ONSTAR activated, and probably have the cops all over this guy, and him doing a lot of explaining? ;)

I always wondered: wouldn't brake fluid be more easily and discreetly applied with a squirt gun? Or one of those high powered water blasters? At night, giving the brake fluid time to work?

I bet the water in the tire trick would be especially nasty up here in New England in the winter......

RT
08-24-2005, 18:08
I'm a big fan of the brake fluid in a super soaker. I've seen it done three times to suckers who really had it coming. Nothing short of a complete repaint would fix the damage. Karma's a b!tch. RT

turbovair
08-25-2005, 09:45
Tire spikes made out of a drywall screw brazed to a fender washer. Keep a couple in the tool box.