PDA

View Full Version : Constantly dirty wondows:(

MaxACL
01-29-2007, 01:55
OK... I don't complain much but this is going too far. Everytime I raise my drivers side window it has ugly uky stuff on the outside and I have to stop the truck, get out and clean the window with my windex and not lower the window again.

I have done the best I could at cleaning the felt wiper that the drags on the glass with soap and my fingre or a toothbrush but the gunk is still there.

What am I over looking? What can I do?

"Mr Kleen" Mikie

More Power
01-29-2007, 13:24
Run the window down all the way, then use a brush with soap & water.

Jim

MaxACL
02-04-2007, 17:04
Jim,

I've done that and it's like a super-strain of soap resistant gunk that wont go away.

Mike

Stlheadake
02-05-2007, 20:05
Try soaking the whole thing with WD40 and scrubbing with a brush. The wd40 is what I call the "Universal Solvent". It cuts grease and is easily removed. Really soak it, scrub it, THEN USE SOAP AND WATER to cut the WD40. Hopefully that will cut whatever is on it.

What's the worse that can happen? It's already happening! Give it a try and let me know if it helps.

madmatt
02-10-2007, 12:38
I use alcohol on a rag and if that don't fix I just replace'em.

thartman
02-18-2007, 22:30
I have the same issues - tried almost everything. Was thinking about replacing - what is the name / part # for the "window felts"?

madmatt
02-23-2007, 06:17
I think they're called a window wiper seal,,can't remember for sure though.

More Power
02-23-2007, 12:34
I replaced both the inside/outside side window wipers on both doors during the build on Lil Red. The outside wiper snaps off/into place, but the inside was stapled to the door panel. I removed the staples, then glued the new inside wipers onto the door panel using Gorilla brand glue & lotsa clamps. So far, they're still stuck... At the time, I could get a couple of different inside wipers that had a colored lip that overlapped the door panel. Black & gray were available (perhaps more colors if I'd checked).

Jim