PDA

View Full Version : Tech 2 Users - Glow Plug Learn?

joed
01-29-2007, 17:16
I don't have a Tech 2 but have Carcode. One of the 'enhanced tests' it has is "Glow Plug Learn"?

Has anyone seen this before and if so what does it change? I'm hoping you could modify glow times with this - probably wishful thinking.

Thanks. Joe.

Scrufdog
01-29-2007, 17:24
i have carcode as well. hit glow plug learn, didnt do anything, no idea why its there.

dany101
02-06-2007, 19:37
I use the Tech2 scantool almost everyday and I didn't see any special test like " Glow plug relearn" on a 6.5 liter. On the other hand, there is a special test in the Tech2 scantool, for the Duramax 6.6 LLY and LBZ with Gen III Bosch Injectors, called "Injector programming". In fact, when you will remplace one or severals injectors, you will have to reprogram the i.d. number of each injector in the ECM and Glow Plug Controller Module, because the ECM uses Injection Quantity Adjustment (IQA) calibrations,based on the injection flow rate values, to more precisely adjust the fuel injection quantity for each cylinder.

Hope this help;)

gmctd
02-06-2007, 20:21
Fairly certain that enables glow plug function after battery cables have been removed and replaced - PCM usualy doesn't do glow for several starts after that event.

And welcome to the forum dany...................