PDA

View Full Version : Towing Mirror and Stock Mirror Widths

TurboDiverArt
01-30-2007, 07:45
Hi All,

I

DennisG01
01-30-2007, 09:52
They're typically measured tip to tip. If you measured 93" with the stock mirrors, then the towing mirrors are probably around 106". There's a few choices for extendable towing mirrors for our model years - any of them will give you more than enough of width. You may not even have to extend them. My boat is 8'6" and I don't extend mine - although I think my tow mirrors (www.mirrormirror.com) stick out a little further to start with than the CIPA's. The downside of mine is the flat glass vibrates somewhat (although a little piece of foam stuck in there should take care of it) and isn't as big as I had hoped for, but not that bad. The plus side to the CIPA ones is that the flat glass is huge, but the downside is there's no spotter/convex and I wasn't able to find a large add-on spotter that looked halfway decent. I really like the oblong/rectangular spotters better than the round ones.

What I'd really like is to make the 2006 and up tow mirrors (the vertical ones that look like mine) work. I've been waiting on a guy who's already done it to send me a pic since the black, triangular part of the mirror that actually attaches to the A-pillar is a little bigger. Although he said with some stick-on window vents you don't really notice it. I'd like to see a pic, first, though.

If you want, I can measure mine when I get home...

bcbigfoot
01-30-2007, 19:51
The OEM towing mirrors are 108" outside to outside, thats what they are on my truck.

Tough Guy
01-30-2007, 20:48
[quote=TurboDiverArt]Hi All,

I

DennisG01
02-01-2007, 07:12
Art,

I measured my aftermarket towing mirrors last night - 103" tip to tip without being extended - I think each one slides out an extra 4" or 5". I held my stock mirros next to my aftermarkets and the aftermarkets stick out about 4.5" wider on each side (w/o being extended) which would mean my stock 5x7's would measure right in line with what you measured.