PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control

JohnnyR
01-30-2007, 08:01
Have a 2005 GMC 2500 HD Duramax LLY with approx. 38,000 miles (just out of the 36K std warranty). Occasionally my cruise control will not engage. After driving awhile, it usually engages correctly; or if you stop and restart the engine, it will work. I had the same problem on my 2001 and 2003 Duramaxes. Is there a permanent fix?

JohnnyR
02-05-2007, 09:38
Think I figured out what caused my cruise control to malfunction occasionally. Happened again this weekend after I stopped at a convenience store. Cranked up, went down the road and cruise would not actuate....until after I tapped the brake pedal. Haven't looked but I assume there must be a switch that comes in contact w/the brake pedal that either is sticking or needs adjusatment. Anybody else already conquered this problem?

More Power
02-05-2007, 12:04
I haven't tinkered with the brake switches on these trucks yet, but the earlier model switches were adjustable - to a degree. The 90's trucks used two switches; one for the brake light illumination and another for the TCC. The brake switch closes on a pedal push and the TCC switch opens on a pedal push.

Good call on checking the brake pedal... :)

Jim

Rick Henderson
02-12-2007, 18:34
My 03 will do the same thing. I have found that if I put it into drive quickly after starting the truck, then the cruise will not engage until I pull over and restart the truck. My thought is that it has something to do with the computer.