PDA

View Full Version : New style Towing mirrors question....

Thompsy
01-31-2007, 09:56
Hello,
I have an '05 GMC with manual adjust mirrors. I want a set of the new, I hate to say this "ford style mirrors" that come on the '06s. My question is do they make a manual adjustment model for trucks without power mirrors? If so anyone have a part number. I heard good reviews about these.

I currently have a set of GM towing mirrors that I do not like all that well.

I have also considered a set of the CIPA? mirrors that extend out as well. I would really like to have good vision when driving with my trailer!!
Thanks

conway
01-31-2007, 12:35
Go to the Kennedy Diesel website & look at the Schnaeker (sp) mirrors.

Kennedy
01-31-2007, 17:31
The Schefenacker TTT mirror is the best that I have seen. The OE mirrors are not only on crooked, but they don't offer the field of view of the TTT's and add too much blind spot due to their height. As soon as my door handles are done I plan to remove them from my 2007 and add the TTT's

WILLYD-MAX
02-01-2007, 19:13
The Sheffenekers also extend out a couple in. further then the new towing mirrors. We have a set of sheffenakers and they are the best I have seen and used. I have drove trucks with the power extend , with CIPA;S and the new towing mirrors on the 06;s and they don;t compare to sheffenakers.

cptxguys
02-10-2007, 07:18
Where the TTTs make a real difference is when you're towing some of the new trailers that are 102 inches wide. The OE mirrors don't extend far enough. They are 'OK' for 96 inch wide trailers, but the TTTs are awesome. We're on our 2nd set. Had them on a 2004 2500HD, and now have them on a 2005 3500. I wouldn't have anything else.

http://www.cptxguys.com/files/IMG_6400b.JPG

STPETEBLUE
02-16-2007, 09:53
I don't have any experience with the TTTs or towing real big or wide, but my truck had the regular mirrors on them, and I hated them. I got the '06 GM Towing mirrors and I love them. I think I like them because they're vertical instead of horizontal.

Just my 2 cents, your mileage may vary, not available in stores, etc., etc.