PDA

View Full Version : 6.2L Buildup in Diesel Power mag

More Power
02-01-2007, 00:18
I missed the early issue of Diesel Power magazine in which Bruce Smith wrote about his 6.2L Buildup. Well, it's now online on Diesel Power magazine's web site. Click Part I (http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/chevy/0554dp_62l_buildup/index.html) and then Part II (http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/chevy/0554dp_62l_buildup/index2.html)... :D

Jim

C.K. Piquup
02-01-2007, 04:49
They think theyd have been better off not using an`82 6.2?I`d buy upgrades all day long,if I could base a build on a hi-nickle.

Subzilla
02-01-2007, 10:07
I found one typo where they said that you, Jim, recommended the "80G glow plugs"?? Is this the next generation 60G's? Otherwise, nice write-up. Makes all excited about doing a build-up on mine when the time comes.

More Power
02-01-2007, 11:08
80G?..... Musta been a tipo... He had a cuple of our books, which I thnk had the rite number in it. :)

Glow plugs aside, I'm glad the 6.2/6.5 are getting more coverage in print magazines. It's been a long time coming. Both Diesel Power and Diesel World magazine ;) will be running more stories about these engines.

Diesel World mag has a new web site that contains some online articles and Q&A. See it at www.dieselworldmag.com (http://www.dieselworldmag.com) . Their web site is new, but will grow over time. :)

Jim

Craig M
02-01-2007, 13:02
While the stud girdle may be nice, I think they could have better spent their money with the dual thermostat and larger waterpump set up like Jim has shown.

gmctd
02-06-2007, 12:45
And I thought the Kid had recently dispelled that elevated 5-cent myth............

96ccdd
02-06-2007, 15:02
I'm glad the 6.2/6.5 are getting more coverage in print magazines. It's been a long time coming. Both Diesel Power and Diesel World magazine ;) will be running more stories about these engines.
Jim

Diesel Power is also running a story on installing a 6.5TD in a mid-80's K5 Blazer with 1-ton running gear. Just so happens that is want I'm working on also. :)

Mark

HammerWerf
02-06-2007, 19:03
Mark,

Do you recognize the coolant manifold they are using in the article? What year and application is it off of. I am replacing the v-belts on my 83 to the 97 serpentine, but the manifold off a 95CK doesn't fit. The one in the article fits in the A/C compressor area perfectly, as those are the pieces I have.

HammerWerf

stantjeeper85
02-11-2007, 11:49
Anyone know what the actual power gains were from the dyno test done at the end of the rebuild? I just picked up an '85 C10 6.2L and would be interested in doing this myself if i knew what the end results were.

ThePIGSmith
03-05-2007, 17:04
Where could a person purchase a High Performance 6.2L like this?
I enjoyed the well thought out plan and attention to detail this builder performed on the buildup of this engine.

Second question, would a 6.5TD produce similar performance marks?
Meaning would a person have more on hip $$$ with a 6.5TD crate motor or a 6.5TD from a donor and similar performance than this hot 6.2?

Third question, where would a person go to purchase all the little pieces/parts to reproduce a 6.2 like is shown is this article?
The big ticket items, I can figure out.

Would Gale Banks build a Turbo 6.2L crate engine like he builds SBC crate engines?