PDA

View Full Version : new problems after replacing PMD

coreya
02-02-2007, 21:00
I have a 94 with a 6.5 td. I just replaced the PMD and when I went to start it, it started great but blew alot of white/grey smoke and ran really ruff. I had it scanned and came up with codes DTC 91-98 cylinder balance error. Any suggestion of what is wrong.

DmaxMaverick
02-02-2007, 21:24
Welcome to the Forums!

Sounds like you have a bunch of air in your fuel system. It should clear after some running. If you didn't open the system up for any reason, look for a leak. If you changed the filter, it could be the remains of that. If the smoke and rough running continues for a long time, I'd suspect a fuel quality issue. There are other less common issues that can cause your symptoms, but you need to eliminate the more common stuff.

coreya
02-02-2007, 21:52
I have ran it for about an hr. total and had to drive it across town to have it scanned. It smoked up the whole town when drove it. I did not break the fuel system, but will check for leaks. It ran great befor the PMD went out two days ago. Thanks.

It also has real bad throttle responce.

gmctd
02-02-2007, 22:45
Did you remote-mount the module on a heatsink?

coreya
02-03-2007, 09:21
No, The guy I am working on it for did not want it remote mounted. I tried to talk him into it, but he didn't want too.

gmctd
02-03-2007, 10:06
Remove the Optic Sensor filter, connect the OS directly to the engine harness, try it again.

The Cyl Bal errors are caused by the rough running symptom

Then, remove the ECT sensor connector, try another start.