PDA

View Full Version : 02 Oil Leak

WILLYD-MAX
02-03-2007, 10:50
On our 02 I have a slight oil leak coming from the passenger side head area. From what I could see it looks like there are 2 ?? valve covers the top one looks real short then there is another one that is a bit taller then there is the head and it is seaping some oil between the second valve cover and the top of the head. All the injectors have been replaced and it has 125k on it. Could replacing the injectors have caused any of this? Is it something I should have looked at soon?:(

More Power
02-04-2007, 09:28
Sounds like the leak is due to the valve cover not being sealed well enough after the last service. :(

Jim

WILLYD-MAX
02-09-2007, 15:02
Well took the truck in to get it checked out and they tell me it will cost $380 to fix it. The truck has 125k on it. The gasket that is leaking is a reusable gasket. Is this unusual??:(

madmatt
02-10-2007, 12:35
I've not had a problem getting the valve covers to reseal after injector replacement but I've heard others have. How long ago were the covers off???

WILLYD-MAX
02-12-2007, 12:08
The covers were off back in July. I went to the dealer this morning to pick up the truck (about a hour and 15 min. from home) They said it was done and they did not see a defect on the gasket but they replaced it anyway. So as I was following the guy driving it home I noticed smoke coming from under the truck. So I had him pull off and I looked at it and it was spewing diesel out from under the truck at a high rate. I checked the oil and it was very diluted with diesel fuel. So I called the dealer back and had them bring a tow truck to take it back to the dealer. I am not a very happy camper especially since I had just changed the oil. (Amsoil oil and filter) I have had good sucess with there service department so far. I am supposed to call them back at 1 and they are supposed to have it diagnosed by then. :(

WILLYD-MAX
02-12-2007, 15:12
Well I guess I was wrong on some things. I talked to the dealer and he said it was an external leak on #5 injector line and there wasn't any fuel in the oil, so that sounds better. It is also ready for pickup so they pushed it to the head of the line and got it done. :o