PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine and Limp Mode

Falk781
02-05-2007, 09:04
This morning we had about -5 here in PA and it started well after being plugged in over night. Got about 5 miles away and went into limp mode, no higher than 2000 RPM and check engine light was on.

Heading to the dealer in an hour to have them deal with it.

It's an 06' LLY.

I did notice that the Voltage gauage was over 14 volts which, to my recollection is higher than it ever has been.

Just had the steering gearbox, output shaft seal, rear diff cover and the PTO gaskets changed due to leaks.

Anyone else have any of this including the limp mode?

snowmo
02-05-2007, 11:53
Yup, -15 here in eastern Iowa. Mine's a 2003, never had any trouble until this year, new truck stop, they told me no one else had any issues with their fuel - yah right. That was 2 weeks ago - this time it continued to run - just had no power and then the light came on. I assume the trouble code can be reset by my Predator programer. Think I'll go home an get it and try it in the work parking lot - don't want to try driving it home at 30 miles an hour on the freeway again.

cabletech
02-05-2007, 18:02
I had the same problem on Sat (Fuel in filter gelled). It was -22F. I changed the fuel filter and added more anti-gel. I have since read on 2 diff web sites (power service & one I can't remember) that you need to double anti-gel when used with biodiesel. Minnesota has 2% mandated biodiesel.

Jay

Falk781
02-05-2007, 18:46
I'm assuming the plug controls the block heater and does nothing with the antifreeze?

I haven't added anything to the fuel as far as additives go, I'm wondering if I didn't have a gel problem. Wouldn't we all agree that this would occur within the first minutes of startup and drive?

Everything seemed to be fine of course now that I think about it, I really didn't get on it until I started up the mountain road which is when the problem started.

Hopefully will know by tomorrow

Falk781
02-08-2007, 20:32
They had the truck for 2.5 days and said they worked on it for 3 hours as well as filed a claim with GM Tech assistance. The findings were inconclusive other than a code for too low of fuel pressure.

They say it was gelled and the fuel analysis indicated a summer mix rather than winter blend...