PDA

View Full Version : IP Issues

PVSLS400
02-05-2007, 22:53
Hey All, This is my first post to this forum and am enjoying it so far, but the reason why I am here is issues of course. I have a 94 6.5 TD 154k and recently my injection pump cracked I am told from the heat from the PMD. I had the stanadyne DS4 5288 in it and replaced it with a DS4 5521 with PMD cooler and was told it was compatible and was a upgrade. Since this new pump is in I have zero power tons of black smoke and when I am on it the SEL turns on but when I let off the light goes away no codes, and the main concern is I am getting 4mpg. I got it back from the shop this morning after being timed and a sensor replacement and two fuel leaks same exact issues. Am I looking at a turbo replacement or did someone sell me the wrong IP. Please advise
Josh

PVSLS400
02-05-2007, 23:44
Nevermind I did some more indepth searching and found I had no vacume on solenoid to turbo traced line to drivers side valve cover found disconected line and wallah all is good now
Thanks for the help

Bnave95
02-06-2007, 05:37
AH,just by asking got you thinking to search out the problem. Did'nt even give us time to tell you to look into the turbo boost:D
I would'nt live with out a Boost, EGT gauge.