PDA

View Full Version : Disney world vacation, anyone been there?

Shed
02-07-2007, 21:47
Hello all!

I have been thinking about taking the family to Disney world, of course I want to take my 5th wheel, and the other woman (01' 2500hd). Just wondering if an of you had done this and what your thoughs/expiriences were. Whats it cost? What is the camp ground like? Campfires o.k.? Would very much appriciate any advice/info you could provide! Thank you!
Shed:o

a5150nut
02-07-2007, 23:14
Havn't been there so I can't help. But, if you don't get a responce here, try over at RV.NET.

cowboywildbill
02-08-2007, 05:21
We have been there 2 times. We pulled our 36' fifth wheel and stayed at Fort Wildeness Camp ground. It is one of the best camp grounds we have ever stayed at. It isn't that much more expensive than other sites, that is when you consider what is there and you can ride free to everywhere in the park.
The camp sites are great, almost private from one another, it is the way they are laid out. But both times it was tight getting backed in, they keep it naturaul and the trees are close to the roads. We have a C/C dually long bed, and that makes it fun to clear the trees on the oppisite side with the front of the truck. I drive 18 wheelers, so I can imagine how someone that isn't used to backing a trailer would really be frustrated trying to get in some of there sites. You might need to make reservations they stay booked. I do recomend it. We would go back again.

JeffsTowTruck
02-08-2007, 06:48
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1342917434069926656PfLFga
Have been 2 times. Wife bugs me about going again. Great campground one of best I've stayed at for sure.. We paid a little extra and got close to the dock and store. Short walk to dock and boat takes you to magic kingdom. I would stay there again for sure. It's been 2 years since we were there don't remember $$. You can rent golf carts , 50 a day or take your own. It's been in summer,(hot) I don't think you can have a fire but they have one every night with chip and dale along with a show.
You should go!!

96ccdd
02-08-2007, 11:08
I third the comments about Fort Wilderness, you won't regret it . You can go on Disney's web site to see pricing and book online. Been there 3 times and loking to go again.

MikeC
02-08-2007, 18:38
Been there and loved it both times.

If you have a long rig you will need to be on the outside (right side) of their loops. The turn backing into the inside is too tight.

Amenities are great, I was told (and did) that it was OK to was my rig with the 2nd hose while there. Hopefully that is still true.

BOTTOM LINE: Tow there - park - enjoy for the duration and never drive your own vehicle.

Mike

jsmiracle
02-09-2007, 08:04
I and my family have been to Ft. Wilderness once two years ago. Overall, it is a great place.

It is very large (but stiil, sites are private), so I'd highly rec'd a golf cart. You can plug it in at your site.

My better half said the bath houses are excellent.:)

Do not leave anything outside at night. We had one side (both axles) of the TT's rings and caps stolen.

If you have young children (I do), they'll love the movie show and marshmallows at night.:)

Have a good time,
Jim M.