PDA

View Full Version : LLY Exhaust Info

220cummins
02-07-2007, 23:10
i have seen many different types of exhaust systems and kits for a duramax. i was just wondering what are better ones to look at and better sounding. i am looking for an exhaust that is loud and throaty and provides better fuel economy. i have a 2004 K2500 LLY crew cab 8ft bed bone stock. I was also wondering if i need a muffler because i have seen kits that offer w/o it. by not having a muffler will that effect anything with the computer or anything?
and finally i was looking at intake kits. i have seen a few that i am interested in ie banks,k&n, bully dog, what would be a good recommendation. i am looking for power and better fuel economy. thanks

MikeC
02-08-2007, 18:32
I have a Magna Flow turbo back with the straight thru muffler. To me it is a little quiet compared to the Burban I sold, but, according to My wife "This thing is annoying!"

If you want flow and sound I would think any large diameter turbo back system would meet your needs.

Just don't forget to find a cool stainless tip, cause it will never be right without one!

Mike

Kennedy
02-08-2007, 20:49
For a throaty sound, my 4-5" system has a nice roar when you get on it.

MikeC
02-09-2007, 18:11
My Burban had Kennedy's 3.5" system on it.

Sweet sound, easy install and good product.

Only reason his exhaust is not on my DMax is that I got a package deal from a friend parting with a truck.

Mike