PDA

View Full Version : electrical question

simon
02-11-2007, 22:28
Does anyone knows what the short wiringharnass with a 4 pin conector is for, that is found behind the dashpanel and on the righthand side of the instrument cluster. It is just laying there, Could it be for a high idle switch?
The truck is the 95 GMC sierra listed below. I was going to install a high idle switch when I found this harnass sitting there.

By the way this IS a great website, I am learning lots here.

Robyn
02-12-2007, 08:19
Hello
Not sure about the small wiring harness, Many times there are spare harnesses that are not used as they are for options that that particular vehicle does not have.

Check the wiring diagrams for the truck and see what you can find.

Location and color codes should help.

If you dont have access to a diagram a call or trip to the chevy garage my net you some good info.

simon
02-13-2007, 21:15
Well Robyn

Thanks for the info, but I still know dickall.
The friggin manual { chilton} has no info about these add ons, the wiring diagrams are beyond me.
And I don't know about chevy dealers in the US, but the dealer in my city here in Northern Canada is to arrogant to want to give out any info at all.
All they can say is" Bring the vehicle in"
At $ 100.- an hr they are to pricy for me period.

I guess i ignore the pesky harnass and just wire in a high idle switch my way.

Thanks anyway

Arlie
02-13-2007, 23:09
I have the alldata online manual for 95. If you could figure out what fuse the wires are on and give me the colors I could likely find it on the wiring diagram. If there's power to any of the wires you could connect a light and pull fuses until it goes out.
Arlie

Robyn
02-14-2007, 09:30
I know what you mean about the dealers.
try searching ebay for a factory wiring manual.
I recently got a dealer shop type wiring layout book for my 91 Burb
Cost me $30 US and its like new.
It has all the wiring layout for the whole truck.

Good luck
Wiring can be such a PITA

Robyn

simon
02-14-2007, 22:01
Now we are getting somewhere.
I will be checking in to things, but it will be a few day's.
I 'ill be back.
thanks

simon
02-16-2007, 21:26
I found out that the wiring harnass is for the cargo light.
The former owner must have taken that switch out and replaced it with other switches to power something else , they where not in use either nomore.

One learns everyday ya

Thanks for the help anyway