PDA

View Full Version : List of electronic sensors

Cowracer
08-28-2003, 07:40
I am making up a list of electronic sensors that send signals to the ECM on an electronic 6.5. This is what I have, if there are any others, please post them

</font> Intake Air Temp</font> Manifold Air Pressure</font> Barometric Air Pressure</font> Crankshaft Position</font> Engine Coolant Temp</font> Fuel Temp (Part of IP?)</font> IP Pulse Wheel</font>
Anything else?

Tim

ucdavis
08-28-2003, 16:20
engine temp is monitored, presumably from H2O temp sensor.
APP accelerator pedal position sensor, a 3 part rheostat gizmo at fuel foot pedal.
Boost (did you say that one?)
Some kinda feedback comes from wastegate solenoid circuit to give a Code 78 when its fouled up.
Try approaching this from the DTC list since each code requires feedback to set. Who the heck knows how the PCM decides, e.g., there is a cylinder balance issue, but there's a code so there must be a feedback loop.

jeffreydmet
08-28-2003, 16:53
Not all codes have a specific sensor. Some of the codes are set by a combination of sensors. I have an official set of service manuals that I got from GM and I seem to remember reading that the cylinder balance issue is determined by an engine speed sensor that can tell if there is an inappropriate speed change in a single revolution.

pannhead
08-28-2003, 17:52
VSSB ?

britannic
08-28-2003, 18:06
What about the accelerator position?