PDA

View Full Version : Air Bag Light On ??

Davis
02-14-2007, 20:19
I have recently purchased a 1998 Suburban 2500 diesel and the air bag light is on . I checked it with a scan tool and the code is "B1026 SIR 26 current". Can someone tell me what this code means and what steps to correct it. Thanks Davis

HH
02-15-2007, 13:18
The Airbag computer senses a specified resistance through the airbag module and sensor system. If this resistance is not in spec you will get a fault code. Sorry, not sure what your specific code means. You may have a simple broken wire, shorted wire, bad sensor, or it could also be something wrong with the airbag module or computer. It could also be the connections in the column, I can't remember the technical name for the part, IIRC clockspring?? Have you had the dash, column, or front sheetmetal apart recently? Not sure if yours has the sensors in the front? You may want to try and reset it by disconnecting the battery for at least 60 seconds. There is a power reserve module which also has to discharge. That is the basics of what you may be in for. The wiring for the airbag system should be in a yellow loom and the wires may also be yellow. DO NOT put any power to these wires. The airbag may or may not work if the light is on!