PDA

View Full Version : Dual Climate control?

kburati
02-15-2007, 10:59
Does the Manual Dual Climate Control on the SLE1 really have independent heat adjustment or does it simply mean that I can sort of close the vents on the driver side while the heat is on? My wife's always freezing and I'm always sweating so the dual climate control is critical on getting a new truck, just want to make sure I can accomplish it with a SLE1 or if I need a SLE2 or higher.

Grayfox
02-15-2007, 16:07
Do a search on this site. It seems to me that the 01's and 02's had that problem... cold passenger side.

JohnC
02-16-2007, 13:45
My problem is the opposite: She's always opening the window and I'm always freezing, so I don't know if this'll help you... ;)

As far as I can tell, the two temp controls independantly control the mixing of hot and cold air for their respective sides. It works; it's just not automatic.

Wonder what the auto version does if one selects real cold and one selects real hot? Half AC?

Stlheadake
02-27-2007, 13:05
Does the Manual Dual Climate Control on the SLE1 really have independent heat adjustment or does it simply mean that I can sort of close the vents on the driver side while the heat is on? My wife's always freezing and I'm always sweating so the dual climate control is critical on getting a new truck, just want to make sure I can accomplish it with a SLE1 or if I need a SLE2 or higher.

I can have the AC blowing cold on my side, and she can have HEATed AC on her side. It works pretty well at the dash vents. I don't get much of any heat out of the floor vent. I really should take it back to the dealer. I'm comfy but my feet get cold!