PDA

View Full Version : Navistar stops engine shipments to Ford over dispute

D-max Man
02-27-2007, 14:25
Looks like trouble in F**D land!

(Reuters)

More Power
02-27-2007, 15:16
It's really too bad, but I believe they'll work it out. They have to... The 6.0L diesel probs were significant.

This situation is similar to a warranty dispute that developed between GM & Stanadyne in the late 90's. :rolleyes:

Jim

ronniejoe
02-27-2007, 15:29
You saw where that went...

Dakster
02-27-2007, 18:20
It's gotten worse. Navistar laid off 1,200 employees and idled a plant. Ford may have to idle its KTP. I wish them luck. Competition is a good thing. Keeps everyone on their toes.

Stlheadake
03-01-2007, 22:52
I agree that Ford will work it out. They really don't have an option. They won't/can't give up their HD diesel truck line. Their struggling, but they CAN'T afford this can they?

cowboywildbill
03-02-2007, 05:57
I was at a Horse expo in Harrisburg, Pa last week. A ford dealer had an F250 and an F450 inside on display. You could not see the engine because of all of the controls and plumbing on top of it. A Ford mechanic was standing next to me while we were looking at the truck. He didn't work for the dealer at the show, he was just a horse owner seeing the exhibits. Any way he said that his dealership had sold 4 of the new 6.4's, and that two of them had already come back for warranty issues. One had major oil leaks, and maybe a head gasket issue. The other he wasn't sure what was wrong. They hadn't worked on it yet, but it was a drivability issue. He said that they were sick of working on the 6.0's and were afraid it is going to be the same. I asked him how they ran and about mpg. He said he didn't know about mpg yet, but that the performance didn't impress him at all. He did say that they were very quiet though.It will be Interesting to see if they are another 6.0 story.

baker2acre
03-02-2007, 07:57
Just read a note that the courts have ordered Navistar open and Ford to pay for the engines delivered... not sure where that leaves Ford's initial warranty suit against Navistar, but at least some fellas have bread on their tables again.;)

That's crazy Cowboywildbill!!! (Not crazy untrue, but crazy unbelievable.) Suposedly Ford's tested the jeapers out of these engines!!! Like to the tune of 10,000,000 miles!!! Granted only 4 million was on the road and the other 6 was on the dyno, you'd think they'd have gotten some stuff straight between mile markers 750,000 and 10 million!?!:rolleyes:

The sad thing is.... their screw ups and warranty issues ruin it for the rest of us too. We're wanting more offerings in the diesel market.... dealers are saying not enough demand.... and the manufacturers are putting some nasty tastes into the mouths of the "sway buyers" that would increase the demand!! We've been through decades of this with GM and look how it's affected the market (Pre-Duramax)!! People are still using the words dirty and noisy and expensive to maintain, unreliable, etc. when they talk about diesels... And now these big heads have the balls hold thousands of jobs hostage (peoples lives) like barganing chips while they squable over who's turn it is to take out the trash!! "We" were madder'n heck over "Jet Blue" making people sit on the runway for 11 hours. How about the deadbolt placed on people's bread & butter for almost a week!! There should be jail time over this!!

ronniejoe
03-02-2007, 08:03
I posted this in another thread about this subject: http://thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showpost.php?p=206093&postcount=3