PDA

View Full Version : front shock relocater

BBB-Dmax
02-28-2007, 20:06
after turning the torsion bars and leveling the front end, is a raised lower mount for the front shocks needed? I ask because I did mine a few years ago and put in some new bilstiens around the same time and now the upper ball joints are going out and the rubber hardware on the lower shock is wearing. I was told that it may be because the front shocks are topping out. Makes sense to me so my questions are, does someone sell just the raised mounts like used in the truxx leveling kit or should I go with a longer shock? If so which ones? Thanks
Dan

FBJR
02-28-2007, 22:08
I would just replace the Shocks. I did with Bilsteins :D

Also, there is a spacer made by Cognito to use the stock shocks with their A arm leveling kit.

FB

Kennedy
03-02-2007, 09:34
We have a shaft spacer that we offer with shock purchase. We also now have Bilstein 5100 series shocks that are a bit longer (front only) and built SPECIFICALLY for the application of these trucks.

BBB-Dmax
03-02-2007, 10:32
JK i did get the shocks from you but no spacer. I ordered a set of the extended mounts from cognito and the pitman kit. Can I still bennifit from the longer bilsteins? Didnt see a price for a set of fronts on your site.

Kennedy
03-02-2007, 12:35
I have a note in the listing about the spacers. I have a generic listing for individual shocks for those wanting less than a set. The extenders are all you need and then some.