PDA

View Full Version : service brake system and P brake lights on

BBB-Dmax
02-28-2007, 20:43
came on the other day but had the brakes checked out and all was good. Said only about 20% wear. P brake linings all looked good. Was there a TSB on this and is my truck covered? It's an 03? Either way gonna have to take it in my predator will not get rid of it. Might as well get it flashed again at the same time right?
Dan

BBB-Dmax
03-01-2007, 18:03
nobody has any answers ?????

JohnC
03-05-2007, 15:45
Don't know for sure, but if both lights are on my guess is either the fluid level is low or there is a pressure imbalance between the two systems.

BBB-Dmax
03-05-2007, 18:54
Fluid is good only other thing is I had a remote starter put in about 1.5 weeks before the lights came on and he set it up to run for 3 minutes after a heavy load when towing to cool off the turbo when parking brake is applied? Might not need it but that is how they set it up i guess. Need to call him before I take it in to the dealer.

Hotrail
03-06-2007, 06:41
About three months ago I replaced the batteries, Optima Yellow Top, and shortly after the Service Brake System message came on. I turned the engine off and re-started and the message went out. I have inspected the brakes and they all seem to be ok. The message has displayed on start several times but on re-start will go out. I have hooked up a scanner, Actron, but it is not picking up a code.

Tom