PDA

View Full Version : Funny Sound and Loss of Power

dallasc
03-03-2007, 18:22
The other day i was warming up my truck and I could hear a rattiling sound. It sounded like it was coming over by the turbo. I have not been able to pin point the sound though. Driving in the truck I cannot here the turbo spool, and the power is not there. When I'm going 50 and try to speed up the truch doen not really respond much until the pedel is to the floor and then the truck down shifts and takes off. I'm not sure but the truck almost feels like the turbo is working at this point. Any ideas?

gmctd
03-03-2007, 18:48
Check vacuum at the pump for 25", at the wastegate for 15", both at idle - no vacuum, the wastegate will chatter

Vacuum system - tubing, wg solenoid, connector\wiring - also contribute to loss of power

dallasc
03-03-2007, 19:01
I think this is the problem, what would be causing the loss of vacume the lines look fine. Also is there a better setup for the wastegate, this seems like a bad setup.

gmctd
03-03-2007, 22:24
Do the tests with a vacuum gage - you'll find the problem.

Also check your air filter - gotta be real clean for a Diesel to breathe.

BTW - welcome to the 'Page, dallas...........

sailun
03-04-2007, 06:55
Welcome, Dallas,

This board is full of great people who know what to do for any problem, and GMCTD is one of the best. Just do what they tell you, and say thanks.

I just went thru the same scenario this past week, so read this thread:

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=26583