PDA

View Full Version : For quiet reading, when nothing else to do.

DickWells
03-03-2007, 21:56
:) I've had my DM-Ally for almost a year, now, and never played with the Hypertech programmer after the first few days, last March. I need to go in and have the body module re-programed for the new power-extend merrors, so I set it back to stock last week for a day, just for S & G. Didn't like that much, so I jumped up to level one and left it. Took off from Brownsville with the trailer on Thursday, headed for Del Rio. Had adequate power, but thought the fuel gauge was dropping too fast. Filled up in Eagle Pass. Just under 10 mpg! Re-set the program to level 2, right now!
Noticed a nice increase in power, but the most noticeable thing was the feeling of less throttle opening under my right foot at a steady 65. Funny how sensitive that foot can be. You can beat the cruise control hands-down for fuel mileage with your foot.
Anyway, the fuel gauge stopped dropping so fast, and I was pulling hills much easier. Not level 3, but better. I checked my average mileage, towing, back a while ago, and it was about 12.2+. I'll be going back to stock for the re-program on Monday, and then back to level 3 for sure.
:) DW