PDA

View Full Version : efi live with edge

jay menna
03-05-2007, 13:50
i have a 02 dmax with edge juice with attitude, cold air intake and a 4-inch exhaust. a recently tuned my truck with efi live. iwas wondering if i could leave the edge unit still plugged in on zero for the use of the gauges. i switch to efi live because i have gone through 3 edge units in 6 months. but i really like the features of the attitude for guages and soforth. i m not interested in stacking them together for more power. the efi power is a lot smoother.

Buck
03-06-2007, 02:43
The edge on 0 still adds timing. Sell the edge and get real gauges, they will be more accurate anyway. I just went though the same scenario;).

jay menna
03-07-2007, 01:19
thanx. i guess thats bad adding timing?? how do you like efi live over the edge. the edge power was awesome but the reliablity was not. are their any other units like the edge attitude (digital display of many parrameters) out there that i could use that don't need to run off a modual that i could use for my gauges?

Buck
03-07-2007, 03:11
Don't have efilive yet. Waiting for Kennedy to get in a lift pump wiring harness, so I can have him do everything at once.

Yes there are stand alone monitors like the edge attitude. Scangauge comes to mind.

Kennedy
03-07-2007, 08:35
If you stay out of the timing tables OR proceed with caution you should be fine. You'll have to pay attention to what your engine is telling you though.

Personally, when I write a tune I tell the customer to take most everything off the truck.