PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac DIESEL !!!

6.5NOVA
03-06-2007, 05:09
One of the most significant debuts at Geneva may be the Cadillac CTS. More specifically, not even the CTS itself, rather what's under its hood.

Not only is GM's new 2.9l V6 TurboDiesel powerful (250hp/406lb-ft), but its economical, clean, innovative and extremely versatile. GM reports the 2.9l is able to be mounted longitudinally and transversely and adaptable to two- and four-wheel drive configurations meaning an engine with a tremendous potential in the world market. Envision a powerplant with the efficiencies of a Diesel with the oomph of the 3.6l V6 and the proliferation of the 3800. It's certainly not out of the question to see this new Diesel powering the next generation of GM's vehicles in the United States as well is Europe. But will GM have the vision to do it?

(cheersandgears.com)

DieselEnvy
03-06-2007, 15:10
Put the dang thing in the Colorado/Canyon with a six speed (auto or stick) and gimme 35 MPG!!

baker2acre
03-07-2007, 10:17
Man.... 400lb/ft TQ and you'd roll it if you punched the throttle!!! I'm game!:D They do sell the Colorado's with diesels elsewhere.... but with a 3L? 4 banger giving 120-130hp... still would be nice!!

Prestonia24
03-08-2007, 23:31
Man.... 400lb/ft TQ and you'd roll it if you punched the throttle!!! I'm game!:D They do sell the Colorado's with diesels elsewhere.... but with a 3L? 4 banger giving 120-130hp... still would be nice!!

I'd certainly take it over the "NEW" tundra... the torque specs are near the same, "The 5.7L V8 is rated at 381bhp and 401 [lbf

baker2acre
03-09-2007, 08:15
The 250 hp is pretty dang respectable too!! (Yum!)

Have you seen the toyota commercial where the truck takes off from a stand still and then some mythical wall starts closing and the guy mashes the go pedal... meanwhile the narrator's yackin about how important the 40mph-70mph acceleration time is... The irony is the amount of time it took to get from 40-70mph (though it may be quicker than my truck and many others) I could, and would have simply applied the brakes, stopped well in advance of the wall, drank the rest of my coffee and proceeded to in the most curtious of ways offered a roll of paper towells to the toyota driver so he could clean his leather seats. :rolleyes: I'm more impressed with the Yota's ability to stop than it's "wall racer" reputaion.

DieselMonk
03-14-2007, 04:58
Those new Cadillac Diesel have been quite some while available in Europe. When I noticed those over there, I called my GM dealer and inquired about it. Scary thing is they had no clue and I had to show them a overseas car magazine :eek:

6.5NOVA
03-22-2007, 16:31
here is a link to a video of the presentation for the engine;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVc198ytRAI