PDA

View Full Version : Electric seat noise

Inspector
03-07-2007, 23:30
Electric seat noise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When adjusting the drivers seat fore and aft I hear a ratcheting sound and the seat will not move. I noticed this this morning when I put the ignition key in and seat begins to reposition to the memory setting. All other settings manually will operate normally. Manually operating the seat from the side control fore and aft will cause the ratcheting and the seat will not move forward or aft.
Any ideas.
Denny

Mitchagain
03-09-2007, 15:30
Electric seat noise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When adjusting the drivers seat fore and aft I hear a ratcheting sound and the seat will not move. I noticed this this morning when I put the ignition key in and seat begins to reposition to the memory setting. All other settings manually will operate normally. Manually operating the seat from the side control fore and aft will cause the ratcheting and the seat will not move forward or aft.
Any ideas.
Denny

Denny, remove the plastic cover (two screws if I remember) and watch what's happening. Sounds like you may need a motor head (?) replacement.

Inspector
03-11-2007, 22:56
Mitch:
Thanks for the come back. I will look at it and see what it needs. I knew someone here would know where to start.
Thanks, I'll keep you posted.
Denny