PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Installation w/ pictures

sturgeon-phish
03-08-2007, 21:17
1. Lay replacement pillar pod on top of existing pillar and mark on existing pillar where replacement pillar comes to.
2. Remove original pillar post and cut original pillar providing excess material for replacement pillar to cover.
3. Replace cut down original pillar into position
4. Paint pillar if needed
5. Arrange gauges in pod in desired order and level to horizon the gauges in the pillar
6. Secure gauges to pod
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/sturgeon-phish/000_0013-7.jpg
7. Push boost gauge tube, EGT & Temp plug from under the dash through hole at base of pillar
8. Pull leads out ~ 24

HammerWerf
03-08-2007, 21:51
Sturgeon,

Your Pictures look exactly like my guage pod installation.

Nice Job.

HammerWerf

jmpidgeo
03-10-2007, 06:57
i see no pics.

Artworks
03-10-2007, 07:14
Thanks a mil. I just go my order from Kennedy, AFE, 3.5 exhaust, triple gauges, so be installing in few days (next weekend???) I really appreciate the help, KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!!

sturgeon-phish
03-10-2007, 22:07
The installation went really smooth and easier than I anticipated. I highly reccomend the fuse taps, made the tap real easy. If you ordered a pre turbo EGT consider using the drivers side of the crossover. It works real well with out the chance of debris in the turbo. The trans temp probe was easier once I removed the bolts holding the shifter bracket on and pulling the assembly away just far enough to remove the plug and insert the probe. The upper intake is easy to remove and replace so just take it off to do the drilling and tapping.
Jim

moody
03-11-2007, 09:34
Saw pictures first time I looked here now they are gone.
did you take them down or is it a service problem?

sturgeon-phish
03-11-2007, 17:59
Still there.

moody
03-11-2007, 21:05
ok I can't see them.
can anyone see the? (is it my system?)

billschall
03-11-2007, 21:55
I can't see 'em anymore either. They were there at first, but now they're gone...

DmaxMaverick
03-11-2007, 22:02
The image links are no longer valid for some reason.

Sturgeon-phish...
Your Photobucket account links only have model train stuff (nice, BTW). LOTS of train stuff, but no truck stuff. I can view your truck album if I click on it in your Photobucket page, but the links you have in the thread lead to the train album, which won't work because the image names are different.

If you can still view them, it's likely they are stored in your browser cache.

If you still have the images on your computer, upload them to the TDP Photo Album (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost) and link them into the thread. Your account is already there, all you have to do is create an album under your gallery username (same as your TDP username). Email or PM me if you need help with it. I think this would warrant some extra storage space, if you need it. Let me know if I can help.

sturgeon-phish
03-12-2007, 03:49
Lett's try this again.
1. Lay replacement pillar pod on top of existing pillar and mark on existing pillar where replacement pillar comes to.
2. Remove original pillar post and cut original pillar providing excess material for replacement pillar to cover.
3. Replace cut down original pillar into position
4. Paint pillar if needed
5. Arrange gauges in pod in desired order and level to horizon the gauges in the pillar
6. Secure gauges to pod
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/sturgeon-phish/Truck/000_0013-7.jpg

7. Push boost gauge tube, EGT & Temp plug from under the dash through hole at base of pillar
8. Pull leads out ~ 24” (as far as top gauge plus a little)
9. Make wiring harness for gauge lights leave loop between connectors and extra wire at base of pillar
10. Tap into fuse #14 at door panel with add a tap
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/sturgeon-phish/Truck/000_0011-5.jpg
11. Connect hot light wire to fuse tap
12. Attach ground for light wire to ground
13. Plug in light harness connections and gauges sending connectors to each gauge
14. Test lights
15. Place pod pillar into position (do not secure at this time)
16. Slice a 1” slit in boot where steering column goes through firewall
17. From inside cab feed wires from Trans temp and EGT modules and boost gauge tube through slit at steering wheel boot
18. Ensure enough lead wire at pillar and secure Modules to floorboard with double face tape and sheet metal screws
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/sturgeon-phish/Truck/000_0013-8.jpg
19. Connect EGT and Trans Temp probe connector and Boost Gauge tube to appropriate gauge
20. Test fit pillar and adjust connections as need for fit
21. Secure pod in place with double face tape and or pins or screws

EGT Probe Installation
1. Obtain a

sturgeon-phish
03-13-2007, 08:15
Are the pictures showing up now?

MTTwister
03-13-2007, 15:57
Nice write up . My pillar pod looked mess-ier, but I also stuffed 3 micro switches in there too. TCC lockup by the trans temp gauge, 2 position Hi-idle switch by the exhasut temp, and a gauge illumination on-off switch up top, by the boost gauge.