PDA

View Full Version : Downpipe

tburch
03-09-2007, 19:16
While I was changing my glow plugs today, I had a good look at the down pipe from the turbo to the exhaust. I had never noticed how bent up it is. It is creased about half way down in a shape that matches the frame and has a dent in front of the #6 glowplug heat shield. Is this normal? If so, would a new down pipe simply crease in the same spot? Is a new down pipe worth the investment? The rest of the exhaust appears to be fine.

bcbigfoot
03-09-2007, 19:34
It helped my truck in every way including running cooler. Check to make sure the restrictive air intake snorckel that runs in the fender to the air cleaner is also removed. Those two things will make a huge improvement.

DA BIG ONE
03-09-2007, 20:18
Flowmaster makes a 3" id kit w/downpipe and x-over pipe. There are gains to be had and the flowmaster has no kinks..........

billschall
03-10-2007, 09:38
While I was changing my glow plugs today, I had a good look at the down pipe from the turbo to the exhaust. I had never noticed how bent up it is. It is creased about half way down in a shape that matches the frame and has a dent in front of the #6 glowplug heat shield. Is this normal? If so, would a new down pipe simply crease in the same spot? Is a new down pipe worth the investment? The rest of the exhaust appears to be fine.

Here's mine from WarpSpeed. No creases/kinks. (note: this is after installing & painting the header wrap)
http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=374&size=1

Shikaroka
03-12-2007, 10:16
I have a spare Flowmaster downpipe, if you are interested.
It's a nice piece and brand NEW.

robertb6963
03-13-2007, 21:04

How much?

, that is if tburch doesn't want it!!!

Shikaroka
03-14-2007, 06:43
How much?

I was thinking about $50, plus shipping, or so.

bmp34
03-15-2007, 20:13
I just got my 3in down pipe with 4in straight exhaust done and i couldnt believe how much power and better fuel mileage im getting with it (as long as i keep my foot out of it) and everyone stares because you def. dont see too many old chevys sounds like a true diesel and smoke at the same time

tburch
03-28-2007, 19:07

Thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass. Just bought new injectors - this weekend's project. I need to go a month or two without putting any money into the truck.

joem
03-28-2007, 19:19
Thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass. Just bought new injectors - this weekend's project. I need to go a month or two without putting any money into the truck.
To late I have it in my hands right now. :D :D

Shikaroka
03-29-2007, 09:50
To late I have it in my hands right now. :D :D

Yep, thanks Joe!

joem
03-29-2007, 09:52
Thank you great seller fast shipping.
Joe