PDA

View Full Version : dealer fuel filter?

nbloecher@yahoo.com
03-10-2007, 12:32
truck is in getting injector work done and they said,they have to replace the filter per warranty.ive seen kennedy say $90 but these dics are wanting to hit me for $140,does anybody have any "ammo" for me.last one i bought was $34 and twenty minutes,that doesnt equate to $140 for me,i dont care who does it.any help is appreciated.and to anyone whos going to get injectors replaced in the next little while by a dealer,if they dont have them, immediatley tell them to find another dealer that does.this backorder crap is rediculous,if you dont request them to do this it takes two weeks to get them direct from isuzu,hopefully your truck wont be sitting at the dealer for three weeks like mine.

Duramaster
03-10-2007, 13:28
Sorry to here about your filter and injector problems. I work at a GMC dealer in the northwest area and when I replace injectors for a customer, I replace the filter for no charge. The filter head has to come off to do the injectors anyway! I might also add that we the techs at this dealer are paid by the hour........... not flat rate, so I like to take some pride in my work.

As far as the injectors go, the injectors are ordered against the VIN number. Usually injectors are only two days away if they are ordered early enough in the day. This has been the case since the latest special policy update (04039A). There was a time that we were able to stock injectors but then ISUZU started tightening the screws down on them. I guess they thought that too many people were just throwing parts at the trucks.

There is the rare occasion the another dealer may have one or two but I have come to the conclusion that is just a fluke. I had ordered injectors for an LLY, the customer took the truck, two months later and several phone calls later the customer still didn't come back............... We used them on another truck;)

nbloecher@yahoo.com
03-10-2007, 17:27
thanks for the info master,unfortunatly the boys at this dealer are flat rated,disapointing but ill be glad to get it back.at this point it will be like getting a new truck.also glad to have you aboard&thanks for taking pride in your job which seems to be rare these days.:rolleyes: