PDA

View Full Version : 16 days later.....

nbloecher@yahoo.com
03-14-2007, 13:55
got my truck back from the dealer today (injectors).from the day i took it in(26th)till today, it was a pain.originally they said all 8 were bad and it would take 2-3 days to get them,2-3 days later it was up to 2 weeks,somebody dropped the ball,i called the parts manager he was great and said he would find out what was up.he called back and said 5 days max,it was supposed to be done yesterday @4:30 but they had a problem with one of the injectors not seating right.they were going to hit me $140 for the fuel filter :eek: plus the $100 deductable.since it took so long i complained to the service manager,he was a good guy also, so he dropped all charges.i also didnt realize what a difference my after market intake makes(had to take it off before i took it in just in case,i know they would have blamed that as the cause).all in all (and i dont condone complaining)it just shows the ladies are onto something with all the b*tching.:D

Duramaster
03-14-2007, 19:20
HOLY CRAP!!!

The intake has to come off anyway and I don't believe it's any harder to remove than the stock one!!! Did you also explain to him that the filter head has to come off for the injector replacement procedure anyway??

I am sorry that some dealers (and techs) make the rest of us good techs look bad!!:mad:

nbloecher@yahoo.com
03-14-2007, 22:19
i took off the air intake cause i didnt want to give them a reason to say it was my fault (injectors),i asked them before i took it in and they had a negative response.i said i was thinking about going aftermarket intake and they said they could cause problems(which i knew about)with the oiled filters messin with the air flow sensor,so i figuered id take it off&put stock back on.the truck starts and runs great,i was hoping it would run a little stronger w/the new inj. i replaced the fuel filter a while back cause it wouldnt run over 2k rpm.when i did the change the truck ran like crazy for a little while and kind of tapered off to where it is right now.this is my first "real"diesel&and ive only had it for six months,dont know it that well ie power bands, atmospheric conditions and such.i guess what im saying is i cant wait to get the programer&exhaust:) . and thanks for your earlier input master much appreciated.