PDA

View Full Version : Used LB7 engine

Mark Rinker
03-15-2007, 10:46
If you follow the threads in the Duramax forum, you've probably read of my '01 with the head gasket and/or injector cup issue that has caused cooling system pressurization.

We have decided to repower the truck at this time, and sell the complete takeout engine 'as-is', less starter, alternator, and A/C componants. That means it comes with NEW waterpump, NEW glow plugs, NEW thermostats and 8 NEW injectors - all done last fall before this problem raised its ugly, expensive head. The pressurization problem will have to be addressed by the new owner, probably a head gasket or maybe even a simple injector cup reseal. (Probably a good idea to remove, inspect, resurface, and replace all of the above.)

The engine has never been overheated. I can personally attest to this. The engine uses no oil between changes, and has been run for the last 100K on Delvac synthethic with 10K change intervals - usually about every 6 weeks of service in our world. The 'white paper' test where glow plugs are pulled and engine cranked over yielded NO coolant in the cylinders. No white smoke from the exhaust, just a one way leak somewhere from compression to coolant, resulting in coolant loss out the overflow tube. I personally drove this truck during this time, monitored and refilled daily as we finished up our winter snowplowing work.

The engine has 170K miles, and runs like it did when I bought the truck used at ~80K 16 months ago. It pains me to replace it, but the economics of labor and time clearly call for a repower over repair for my use.

Email offers to mark_rinker@hotmail.com. Obviously the engine is being sold as-is, where-is, no warranties expressed or implied. Your offer can reflect that. I plan to accept the best cash offer by 4/1. Engine will be available by 5/15 and will be palletized for shipment.

I would like to sell it to someone here over a stranger on Ebay, and track where it goes - maybe into a 1/4 mile drag truck buildup (JK?), boat, or ??? I may be able to assist with shipping - we do get around. :)

Mark Rinker
03-15-2007, 17:31
OOPS....engine will be available by 4/15, not 5/15...

joem
04-05-2007, 19:23
hey Im in your area. Will this bolt in to a 95 w a 6.5 td?