PDA

View Full Version : Accessory Brackets

67-72williso
03-18-2007, 04:37
On the 6.5 Diesel engine what years used the same brackets? Are any year brackets better than others? Are van and truck the same? I have "98" left & right side brackets to use on a "92-93" controlled engine. The short block I`m working with is a "99". This is a project truck so I`m looking for information.
Thanks Willis

Robyn
03-18-2007, 06:55
The 6.2s ran pretty much the same stuff on the Burbs and Blazers all the way from 82-91
There may have been some minor mods in there such as AC brackets on the later ones.

The pickups saw some changes when the body style change came as they went to the serp belt.

I would recommend using the 94-95 serp belt drive system from the 6.5
Its compact and really makes a nice looking setup without all the extra junk hanging around.
If you start with a particular style stay with it.
Mixing and matching can be ok as long as the belts line up.

The serp drives will need a reverse water pump. All the stuff can be swapped just remember to use the proper water pump with a serp drive.

IF YOU DONT The suckers gonna get hot and quick too as the pump will be turning backwards.

Keep in mind that some of the later 6.5 engines had the alternator and the AC pump on different sides of the engine.
The 94-95 had the AC on the Pass side and then I believe in 96 and later they swapped the AC and the ALternator locations.
If this would help your setup ???? just a thought.

Hope this helps

Robyn

sailun
03-18-2007, 16:12
My 97 has AC on driver's side, alt on pass side.

67-72williso
03-18-2007, 20:03
:eek: The "98" Acc. brackets I have are mounting the AC above the power steering pump. On the right side the belt tensioner is on top with the alt. under that with the vacuum pump under that. The power steering pump I have is off a "95" 6.5 with the pump and reservoir are one unit. On some 6.2 they where seperate units. The layout is the same as the Optimizer 6500 picture on the news letter. The only difference is there won`t be a power steering pump reservior up top.
I just bolted the Power steering pump to the bracket this afternoon to check it`s fit. It`s looks like should work, the bracket is cast so the reservior part of the pump can fit up behind it. The pulley of it also lines up with the AC eliminator idler.
I guess I`ll use the "98" brackets.
Thanks Robyn,Sailun
Willis