PDA

View Full Version : Is LBZ the 07 w/ particulate trap on exhaust?

bnmccoy
03-19-2007, 15:32
I haven't noticed anything new lately in the sticky for the LBZ. I am not impressed with what I am seeing with the Ford 6.4 regarding fuel economy although most are fairly low mileage to date.

Currently driving 06 F-250 as it was hard to pass up Ford's A-PLAN price when Ford still owned Hertz (wife's former employer).

Looking to return to a Chevrolet. So hopefully some with the new trucks and particulate filters will post some updated fuel economy numbers in the sticky thread at the top.

Thanks,

Bob

DmaxMaverick
03-19-2007, 16:18
LBZ = No trap. Regular old ~2006 emmissions.

LMM = Trap and new 2007 emmissions standards.

Not many of the LMM's on the road yet, so reports will be few and far between for a while. From what I've heard locally, performance and economy is similar to the LBZ.

bnmccoy
03-20-2007, 22:24
Thanks for the explanation

hapaschold
03-22-2007, 19:20
the 6.4 crowd is also on hold list now until the trucks are reflashed, cant even test drive one on the lot....flames shooting out of tail pipe? fire hazard.

funny how they bragged about the millions of test miles on the test mules....

check out thedieselstop.com site....

Gnostic_1973
03-23-2007, 13:10
During the development of a new product "millions of miles" is standard operating procedure. This is not new and improved testing, unless they were subpar for their previous models, which may be the case based on the 6.0L launch and demise...

hapaschold
03-25-2007, 08:05
LBZ = No trap. Regular old ~2006 emmissions.

LMM = Trap and new 2007 emmissions standards.

Not many of the LMM's on the road yet, so reports will be few and far between for a while. From what I've heard locally, performance and economy is similar to the LBZ.

LLM s hitting the dealer lots here in NJ, lot s of inventory coming in. really like the new interior...yukon look. gonna go drive one this coming week. hope i can control myself!

see 06 classic sierra with gasser s have big rebates.

Petrella
03-25-2007, 15:21
Im sure glad i got an LBZ. The guys who buy the new trucks with all that 07 emission garbage will never be able to install a nice 5 inch SS exhaust like i will be doing in the next month. aw well

D_R_C
04-01-2007, 11:40
Im sure glad i got an LBZ. The guys who buy the new trucks with all that 07 emission garbage will never be able to install a nice 5 inch SS exhaust like i will be doing in the next month. aw well

I just ordered the new body style GMC 3500 SRW loaded,I hope to get the end of May, so I will be stuck with the 07 emission garbage.
I loved my 03 Ford but the 6.0 diesel disappointment was more than I could handle anymore,which I have already sold it.
I`m finally going back to my roots as a GM person so anything looks good no matter what compaired to being in the dealer 4 times in less than 1 year with major issues on the 6.0.

The first 35K miles was good,then after that crap,and the Ford 6.4 looks like it will be as big of a disappointment as well.
I don`t know much about the Duramax and normal issues,so I welcome some input on what to expect.
I will leave it stock except maybe a drop in aFe proguard 7 airfilter.

Duramaster
04-02-2007, 21:50
I saw the video onthe internet showing the "FLAMING FORD!!!" What a riot!!! I hope "ford" tanks something fierce!!! The video is pretty cool though. I can't believe that a reflash will fix a stuck injector. In the video you can definitely here the sound of an injector(fuel) knock. Heck "ford" couldn't get the 6.0 right, what good is another .4 liters? BTW, the video is on EBAUMS WORLD.

:p :p :p :p

Petrella
04-04-2007, 20:16
I just ordered the new body style GMC 3500 SRW loaded,I hope to get the end of May, so I will be stuck with the 07 emission garbage.
I loved my 03 Ford but the 6.0 diesel disappointment was more than I could handle anymore,which I have already sold it.
I`m finally going back to my roots as a GM person so anything looks good no matter what compaired to being in the dealer 4 times in less than 1 year with major issues on the 6.0.

The first 35K miles was good,then after that crap,and the Ford 6.4 looks like it will be as big of a disappointment as well.
I don`t know much about the Duramax and normal issues,so I welcome some input on what to expect.
I will leave it stock except maybe a drop in aFe proguard 7 airfilter.

My old man has a 2004 excursion with the 6.0L and he had to get the head gaskets and heads changed under warranty at 15,000 miles. hes got 30,000 on it now and no problems since then, but i would never go near one of those, he always jokes around and says tie a chain from my truck to your truck and we will see who drags who, i dont wanna embaress him so i never bothered lol. But the duramax is a great engine, ive had my 06 LBZ since september, and never had a single problem, i got 7000 miles on it. My uncle has an 02 duramax LB7, he has about 350,000 hard pulling miles on it, and all he did to that was 8 injectors.
Anthony

Duramaster
04-11-2007, 22:10
That's awesome Petrella!!! I had a customer that had over 300,000 miles on his 2003 GMC Medium Duty C-4500! He had it all dolled up. It even had a 42inch sleeper on it. He used it for "Hot Shot" hauling. The downfall was that he used crap filters and crumby fuel. I must have put six sets of injectors in his truck!!! Now before you say what?!! Medium duty warranty is 2 years unlimmited mileage along with 5 year 100,000 miles on the engine. It was kind of funny. Even though he drove out his warranty miles, GM kept buying him injectors until his 2 years was up.